Coincidence or What?

Kenato

Well the Explore 4 "Special Offer" finished yesterday and this morning I see that the price of our VD cabin has dropped $360pp. Seems very strange to me and certainly makes the value of the Explore 4 very questionable.:rolleyes:

Well the Explore 4 "Special Offer" finished yesterday and this morning I see that the price of our VD cabin has dropped $360pp. Seems very strange to me and certainly makes the value of the Explore 4 very questionable.:rolleyes:

On the HAL website here in Holland, the add on the opening page now mentiones that the Explore4 offer will end November 30th, so they apperantly have extended the promo!

I expected the prices to drop after the promotion ended. My b2b on the Maasdam didn't see a price drop but it may be too early as that is in June.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

... I see that the price of our VD cabin has dropped $360pp.

Given the value of the program is roughly $393 + drink gratutiies, that sorta makes sense. Of course, my math could be off. I used $368 for the drink package + $25 dinner at the Pinnacle Grill. I believe Explore4 includes gratuities but the regular drink package does not.

I just checked our September Statendam sailing, which includes Explore4, and it is still the same price. As usual, it must depend on current/projected capacity utilization.

Just checked again and it has now dropped $300. Somebody is working weekends. We are holding fast.

On closer inspection I see that it is only certain cabin classes that have had the price dropped. On May 23 Baltic sailing the only Verandah cabins with a drop are VD and VF.

Certainly no mention of an extension to the Explore 4 offer on my website, in fact no mention of it whatsoever.

We have two future cruises booked that include Explore4: 27 day Ryndam transatlantic on April 6th and 28 day Rotterdam Northern Europe on Aug. 2nd. The BB price for the Ryndam cruise has gone down $600 pp and the Rotterdam cruise only $150 pp. Will probably seek the price reduction for the Ryndam cruise because $1200 is more than we would spend on drinks.

Dan

The value of your Explore4 is $600.00 plus Pinnacle Grill PP for your VD cabin. Not sure why you think it is questionable :confused: Personally depending on if you enjoy a few drinks, bottled water, Explorations Cafe drinks and sodas the value with the Explore4 was most likely a far better deal than paying less and losing $600 +

Our booking to Alaska has dropped a total of $140 for the two of us so I am very happy to keep the Explore 4 package and go to the Pinnacle Grill one night and have the ability to have a drink when I choose. For us, it is an easy decision.

The value of your Explore4 is $600.00 plus Pinnacle Grill PP for your VD cabin. Not sure why you think it is questionable :confused: Personally depending on if you enjoy a few drinks, bottled water, Explorations Cafe drinks and sodas the value with the Explore4 was most likely a far better deal than paying less and losing $600 + [/quote

Sorry do not see me drinking that much to make worthwhile, that's 6 drinks per day plus diner! Don't use bottled water (ship's is fine) or sodas and don't like the coffee enough to buy that. Yes I like a couple of drinks and wine with dinner but will be happier being able to buy wine I like. It was a great initial incentive but the savings no longer make it of interest. Too Bad.