My Goal: No WCMC!

abitaturbodog

I'm heading out on the Fascination in 10 days and in an effort to reduce caloric intake I'm making it my goal to NOT order any desserts including my favorite...the warm chocolate melting cake...GASP! :eek:

Has anyone else ever tried this? Is it humanly possible? Am I setting myself up for failure? Comments and advice appreciated.

I absolutely love the WCMC so for me, this wouldn't be possible. I diet for 2 weeks before the cruise and 2 weeks after the cruise to make up for having everything I want on the cruise. It's vacay!

Ok, after reading all the responses I'm going to amend my goal. I will eat a couple bites of the WCMC but not the whole thing. (I might need someone to physically pull me away from it, but I'll work that out with my varsity football player sons.) I will also reject the elevator at all times and keep away from the ice cream machine. (What about frozen yogurt?)

I think I can implement these changes and hopefully come home close to my sailing weight...hopefully. Thanks for the advice!

I don't get the appeal of WCM cake at all. I have a wicked sweet tooth too.

I try to go to the gym most days and 95% of the time I take the stairs. My reward is eating and drinking whatever I want. I deal with the minimal weight gain when I get back.

I don't get the appeal of WCM cake at all. I have a wicked sweet tooth too.

I try to go to the gym most days and 95% of the time I take the stairs. My reward is eating and drinking whatever I want. I deal with the minimal weight gain when I get back.

I'm a chocoholic who specializes in dark chocolate. I didn't care for it either.

On my last Carnival cruise I thought all the desserts were lacking in taste. The only good chocolate, imho, where those little muffins at the buffet in the morning and a specific roll in the bread basket at the brunch.

I'm heading out on the Fascination in 10 days and in an effort to reduce caloric intake I'm making it my goal to NOT order any desserts including my favorite...the warm chocolate melting cake...GASP! :eek:

Has anyone else ever tried this? Is it humanly possible? Am I setting myself up for failure? Comments and advice appreciated.

If you want to reduce caloric intake by skipping desserts have at it.

Edited by silvercrikhix

I get it every night but I walk on the walking track to keep the calories off.

Sacrilege! My granddaughter took her WCMC , spooned off the top, and dumped the accompanying ice cream into the middle of it, then stirred it in! I warned her that if she kept it up, I'd never invite her on another cruise... ;) :D

Oh yeah - we just got back from Fascination yesterday (the 16th). I managed to contain myself and only had WCMC once. The other nights I had sherbets or fruit plates.

Edited by oldrailfan