My Goal: No WCMC!

abitaturbodog

I'm heading out on the Fascination in 10 days and in an effort to reduce caloric intake I'm making it my goal to NOT order any desserts including my favorite...the warm chocolate melting cake...GASP! :eek:

Has anyone else ever tried this? Is it humanly possible? Am I setting myself up for failure? Comments and advice appreciated.

I'm heading out on the Fascination in 10 days and in an effort to reduce caloric intake I'm making it my goal to NOT order any desserts including my favorite...the warm chocolate melting cake...GASP! :eek:

Has anyone else ever tried this? Is it humanly possible? Am I setting myself up for failure? Comments and advice appreciated.

Sure you can do it! When on a cruise I do not eat desserts or breads. Helps a lot. I must say though, on Princess last time I fell in love with the The Love Boat Dream and paid for it with a few pounds. This time, no desserts or bread again.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

The way I choose to look at it is normally on a cruise I am a lot more active than I would be at home thus burning more calories. I try to take the stairs rather than the elevators and like to book aft cabins therefore a lot of walking just on the ship.

I think that if you love desserts and try to abstain completely then you are setting yourself up for failure. I would suggest maybe saying you will only eat 1/2 of each one instead. To me that is a more attainable goal. I wouldn't be able to skip desserts on vacation.

Edited by Mysticks1

Impossible. I think you need to go see the doctor. You may be crazy.

How about a compromise? Decide to have WCMC twice during the cruise [Days 4 and 9?] and then you have the anticipation of having it, but not the accumulation of calories by having it [or any other dessert] every night!

Sure you can do it! When on a cruise I do not eat desserts or breads. Helps a lot.

I must say though, on Princess last time I fell in love with the The Love Boat Dream

and paid for it with a few pounds. This time, no desserts or bread again.

Hi Ready2cruzagain :)

Me too! Yum!

lbd_zpse8f59c80.jpg

:)

I tried the WCMC on my first Carnival cruise. Nastiest desert ever. Never had it again. It can be done.

I tried the WCMC on my first Carnival cruise. Nastiest desert ever. Never had it again. It can be done.

Ditto, poorly made.

However, all the other desserts are wonderful.

Do your calorie restriction before and after your cruise. While there it's ok to indulge, you paid for it. It's vacation!

Ditto, poorly made.

However, all the other desserts are wonderful.

Do your calorie restriction before and after your cruise. While there it's ok to indulge, you paid for it. It's vacation!

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for this stuff. It was more like warm melting soup yuck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I thought I was the only one who didn't care for this stuff. It was more like warm melting soup yuck!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Ahhhh, then they cooked it wrong that day. I have had it range from cakelike (too overdone) to soupy. It is SUPPOSED to be in the middle, somewhere in between. Try it again sometime and you might actually like it. I have tried some things once and hated them and then another time later on and I liked them.

And to those who want to deprive themselves while on vacation? You're on vacation! Take a break from all that. You can always make up for it back on land.

And, the fresh fruit plates they have for dessert rock. Are they considered healthy options or dessert delights? I'm being mildly serious. I usually combine a fruit plate with wcmc at dessert unless something like cherries jubilee or black forest cake are on the menu.

FlyingCruiserNJ

Edited by FlyingCruiserNJ

I exercise everyday at the gym(weights and cardio). I also take the stairs everywhere on the ship. I allow myself to eat chocolate desserts, but never fried foods or alcohol. I drink lots of water, and don't gain any weight on a 7 day cruise. I eat bread for dinner, but don't put any butter. At home, I always eat whole wheat bread.

Edited by CarnivalCruising

Last month I was on the Glory and my goal was NO dessert at dinner. Guess what?!!! I succeeded. In fact, we left before dessert each night in the MDR except one and my DH just had some sherbet. We took the stairs--no elevators (except embarking and debarking, as we do self assist). DH lost 3 lbs. on this cruise and I only gained 2 lbs. (I usually gain about 7lbs). I actually didn't realize until we were home and I'm back on CC that I didn't have any WCMC. What?!!!! Definitely you can do it. Carnival desserts aren't really that good anyway, with the exception of Tiramisu and the chef on the Glory didn't put it on the menu. Go figure.

No way for me!! :D I've been dreaming of it, along with Guys. I'm on WW since just after Labor Day, and will weigh in the Thursday after we get back. My goal is to be the same. I plan on really being good the 5 days after our cruise. But it's my vacation and I plan on eating whatever I want. I will, however, walk everyday and always take the stairs. I do that anyway

The way I choose to look at it is normally on a cruise I am a lot more active than I would be at home thus burning more calories. I try to take the stairs rather than the elevators and like to book aft cabins therefore a lot of walking just on the ship.

I think that if you love desserts and try to abstain completely then you are setting yourself up for failure. I would suggest maybe saying you will only eat 1/2 of each one instead. To me that is a more attainable goal. I wouldn't be able to skip desserts on vacation.

I'm with you! I am weird, I always end up losing a out 5 pounds on vacation from all the walking and that's with eating the WCMC! Don't do it every night and take the stairs or do an extra 30 minutes on a treadmill - it's worth it! It's your vacation, have fun and don't suffer.

Ahhhh, then they cooked it wrong that day. I have had it range from cakelike (too overdone) to soupy. It is SUPPOSED to be in the middle, somewhere in between. Try it again sometime and you might actually like it. I have tried some things once and hated them and then another time later on and I liked them.

Good point. I'm not a wcmc fan, but only tried it once on a Carnival ship. Hated it there, but have liked it in other venues. Perhaps I'll give it a second shot on our next cruise. Of course, I like all the other desserts so I'm hesitant to order one that I may not like. We'll see