No RoadRunner e-mail on princess

OleSalt

My 500 "free" minutes is useless because i cannot access my principal e-mail account (RoadRunner+TW Cable) According to the IT guy on board this is a fleet wide problem.

Can anyone figure out the problem and/or give a workaround? I am surprised this hasn't been posted as it has been a problem fro several months.

Our local internet provider's email service was extremely slow on Princess ships. At the suggestion of one of the internet managers, I now forward my email to a Gmail account when cruising. Using Gmail significantly cut the time it takes to check my email.

While on ship go to:

mail2web.com then put in your road runner account and password and you are fine. Works every time.

I still prefer to use Yahoo mail while on board for my personal email. It comes

up very quickly.When I go to my RR account, no filters for junk and I get too many emails. At home, it is filtered out.

Try the website at home and see how you can get into RR. Then you will know that it works.

My 500 "free" minutes is useless because i cannot access my principal e-mail account (RoadRunner+TW Cable) According to the IT guy on board this is a fleet wide problem.

Can anyone figure out the problem and/or give a workaround? I am surprised this hasn't been posted as it has been a problem fro several months.

I have RoadRunner and get email very consistently when onboard ship. You first need to make sure you have webmail enabled (I think this was in your Manage My Account setup - it's been a long time).

When onboard ship, log into the internet services and then go directly to http://webmail.nyc.rr.com You will then get a logon screen that requires you to know your email address (should be no problem), and the password that you set up in your local account management page. For me this is the main password for account management.

Works almost every time. You can test it first at home. The webmail RR application does not have access to your computer resident address book, so you might want to populate the online address book with critical addresses from home first. Also be aware that if you delete emails from the online webmail account during the cruise before you have downloaded them to your home computer, then your home computer will never see them.

Going through a separate email service like mail2web is NOT required.

https://webmail.hot.rr.com/ is the login page url from the RR Manage My Account page - haven't tried this onboard.

Edited by Times Prince
added application info