Miracle 11.3 Mexican Riviera: Review & Aft Extended Balcony Video Tour

Sheebah

I believe so, 10pm

Toward the end of the cruise I saw an announcement about that! Do you sing?

http://www.CruiseTipsTV.com

Hang out with us on twitter @cruisetipstv

We are ballroom dancers. I got the chance to be in the Legends show on the Magic when they had dancers, but my wife hasn't had the chance yet.

We have a routine that we have been practicing for a Christmas party and thought it would be nice if we had a chance to do it on our cruise.

Thank you. We are going on March 8th. My friend and her daughter have that same cabin booked. She's considering changing. She's worried about noise from smoke stack and ash.

We didn't have smoke stack noise or ash on this trip (we did with holland America) but the foo smell and people smoking cigars aft was a tad annoying. The lack of airflow back there can be an issue.

Carnival Miracle video tour:

Nice video!

I noticed that the camera motion is pretty smooth. It looks like the camera must have been mounted on to some kind of stabilizer. Can you tell me exactly what camera stabilizer you used?

I bought a little Hague Mini-Motion Cam stabilizer to try to smooth out the motion on my future cruise videos... but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I'm curious to know what you used.

Nice video!

I noticed that the camera motion is pretty smooth. It looks like the camera must have been mounted on to some kind of stabilizer. Can you tell me exactly what camera stabilizer you used?

I bought a little Hague Mini-Motion Cam stabilizer to try to smooth out the motion on my future cruise videos... but I'm not entirely satisfied with it. I'm curious to know what you used.

We used a GoPro for this video mounted on a float device called The Bobber: http://www.gopole.com/product/the-bobber. It really wasn't the best choice, but with practice, and holding your arm close to your body you can get some decent shots. We are not likely to do it this way again. Right now we are looking at something called Xcam Sabre. Price and form factor look good.

Thanks for asking!

• 1 month later...

Hello! We are cruising to Mexico March 15th with a group of relatives and friends. My husband has been apprehensive because we are platinum members of Princess, which provides a few nice perks. Thanks for the tips on what to do in port, we haven't been to Mexico sine the 80's...our first and not so great cruise. Old ship, rough seas and our stateroom smelled liked a giant ashtray. Soooo I am happy and relieved to hear your review. How did you find the drink prices? We have heard they are quite pricey....also, the cost of the steak house?

Thank you again, we appreciate you!

Tim and Peggy :)

Hello! We are cruising to Mexico March 15th with a group of relatives and friends. My husband has been apprehensive because we are platinum members of Princess, which provides a few nice perks. Thanks for the tips on what to do in port, we haven't been to Mexico sine the 80's...our first and not so great cruise. Old ship, rough seas and our stateroom smelled liked a giant ashtray. Soooo I am happy and relieved to hear your review. How did you find the drink prices? We have heard they are quite pricey....also, the cost of the steak house?

Thank you again, we appreciate you!

Tim and Peggy :)

Tim and Peggy-

We are big princess cruisers too, and we prefer it to carnival when we can- particularly because of the mini suites. However we don't find princess to be affordable to Mexico and we like carnival for other reasons (cost, and much much more port time in Mexico- I don't like the way princess leaves cabo so early!). Carnivals two full days in cabo or pv is unbeatable and the cruise prices are very good.

The steakhouse is great and very reasonable at $35 per head. We have a video review here:

My food was better on night one than night too but my hubby had exceptional filet mignon both nights.

Prepare yourself overall on carnival more casual experience than princess- lots of jeans and tshirts in the dining room, more wild crowd, etc. if you go into it knowing that, it's much Easier than going in blind. We bought faster to the fun to alleviate some of this and it paid off. It's 49.95 per cabin approximately and gets you some perks.

The drinks are pretty standard for cruise and hotel pricing. $8-10 so not super cheap but sometimes the daily specials are tasty and worth the adventure. I always pack 1 bottle of wine (carry on per carnival policy) and sneak on (small flask packed in suitcase) about 16 ounces of rum to pair with diet coke or cranberry joice which saves me at least $40 in drinks. I enjoy a glass of wine before dinner (while curling hair, doing makeup, etc) so this works well. Not sure about beer prices but I hear it's pricey on board so I just enjoy a few cervezas at billygans or tabascos on medano beach in cabo- beer is so cheap in Mexico.

Bon voyage! Hope you get to see a few whales!!