Disembarking in Miami

Karencruiser43

The ships usually dock well before that time. With no hitches you can get off pretty early (8-9:00) if you are doing walk off and there is no problems with immigration or any of the authorities and all the planets align.

Rule of thumb is don't schedule flights before noon. Although people will report catching flights at 10 or so it's always a good idea to allow yourself some time so you don't end a relaxing vacation stressing out.

One last thing: Miami airport is a zoo on Saturday mornings.

We just got off the Pearl last Sunday. We were nervous about making out 10:25a flight out of Fort Lauderdale, but we made it!!

Boat actually docks around 6 a.m. We got in line for easy walk off at about 6:45 a.m. (we were about the 10th person in line). They didn't let us off the boat until right at 8:00 a.m. on the dot. Through customs by 8:15 a.m.

We used QLS Transportation and they were amazing! I called them the second I cleared customs and a van pulled up to get us about 2 minutes later. We waited until 8:30 a.m. for others and then took off to the Ft Lauderdale airport. We got there just after 9 a.m. I highly recommend using them if you don't already have transportation.

Have fun!

Thanks so much, appreciate your info. My flight is on a Sunday just after 12 noon!!! Hopefully that will be ok.

you will be fine: we always plan on a flight around noon and usually are at the airport by 10 or so. I just don't like the idea of trying for a flight much before noon.

Was on the Epic in Miami for the Nov 2 cruise...I went to guest services and requested an early disembarkation...I was off of the boat by 8:40, had my suitcase by 9:00, was on the bus and on the way to the airport at 9:15...I think you will be fine if you request the early off...

Steve

We just got off the Pearl last Sunday. We were nervous about making out 10:25a flight out of Fort Lauderdale, but we made it!!

Boat actually docks around 6 a.m. We got in line for easy walk off at about 6:45 a.m. (we were about the 10th person in line). They didn't let us off the boat until right at 8:00 a.m. on the dot. Through customs by 8:15 a.m.

We used QLS Transportation and they were amazing! I called them the second I cleared customs and a van pulled up to get us about 2 minutes later. We waited until 8:30 a.m. for others and then took off to the Ft Lauderdale airport. We got there just after 9 a.m. I highly recommend using them if you don't already have transportation.

Have fun!

When the Star docked on Sunday Oct 27 in Miami there were no custom officials until 9:15am. The early walk off people should have been leaving by 8am.

And then there was only one official for USA residents just as there was only one for non-USA residents. You can imagine the long backed-up lines.

I hope the OP has on time officials and more of them.

Evidently Sundays can be a problem.

On the TA it was a nightmare. We docked about 6AM, easy walk off was supposed to be from around 8 but US customs didn't clear the ship for an extra hour!!

Miami is one of the most disorganised terminals I've disembarked at!

Just goes to show how different experiences can be. Our TA arrival in Miami on the Star on 10/13/13 was without problem. We were on our way to FLL airport by 9 am!

When the Star docked on Sunday Oct 27 in Miami there were no custom officials until 9:15am. The early walk off people should have been leaving by 8am.

And then there was only one official for USA residents just as there was only one for non-USA residents. You can imagine the long backed-up lines.

I hope the OP has on time officials and more of them.

Evidently Sundays can be a problem.

Very good points. I read all the same things about Miami so I actually booked a 2:45 p.m. flight, but the thought of sitting in the airport all was discouraging enough that I attempted that 10:25 a.m. flight willing to pay the $40 change fee and lucky for me made it!

I agree with all of you however to book noon or later. Just keep an earlier flight as a back up in case the stars align and you can make it.

Thanks so much, appreciate your info. My flight is on a Sunday just after 12 noon!!! Hopefully that will be ok.

You're fine.

The ship usually docks in the early, early hours of the morning, around 5 to 6 am, but of course you can't get off until the port authorities clear the ship for disembarkation, which is usually around 7 to 8 am. The run from the cruise ship terminal to the airport is quick. You'll have plenty of time to catch a noon or later flight.