Volendam - SB cabins

DaveOKC

Any thoughts on cabins 7002 and 7004 on the Volendam (these are the new SB category ones)? They look to be below the beauty salon, so should be quiet.

Also, any negatives to booking an SB quaranty on this ship or should I just book 7002?

DaveOKC

Any thoughts on cabins 7002 and 7004 on the Volendam (these are the new SB category ones)? They look to be below the beauty salon, so should be quiet.

Also, any negatives to booking an SB quaranty on this ship or should I just book 7002?

DaveOKC

Can't speak directly about 7002 or 7004, but we were in 7006 last September to Alaska. It is about 2/3 under the beauty shop and 1/3 under a storeroom (?) on the Lido. We never heard any noise from the beauty shop, but about 8-815am (if I was awake) I could hear minor scraping, probably coming from the storeroom. It was not bothersome, and was not loud enough to wake me up if I was sleeping.

Hope this helps,

Penny

DaveOKC

7002 is our favorite cabin on the Volendam. It is very private and quiet, but not too far from the Neptune.

It is all the way forward... Might be a problem if you have mobility issues.

Edited by bellebaby

If you book a guarantee you could be assigned an SB or an SA. They are exactly the same. The only risk is that you could be assigned a handicapped cabin (I think there is just one).

I had the same thought, so I did a fake booking and found that the one handicap suite is showing as "unavailable"! Good news IMO.

DaveOKC