NJHorseman & East123 advice needed please

WaldosPepper

I've changed my plans from the original hotel I had booked, since our oldest DS and his fiance will be flying into a different airport and staying at a hotel there.

So, now I am canceling the car service, booking a hotel right across the river from the pier, and driving to the port.

Our youngest son is still flying in to Newark, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get him from the EWR to the Sheraton Lincoln Harbor Hotel. I know that the train is a possibility, but he would have to change trains 3 times if I'm reading the maps and schedules correctly. If he's coming in late at night I think that would be a major hassle for him.

I know that I could also pick him up, but depending upon how late his flight arrives, I really might not be up for leaving the hotel and driving again, after having just driven 7 hours already.

Is cab fare outrageous from EWR to Weehawken? Would we be wiser to schedule Dial7? I hear horror stories about SuperShuttle, so I'm really not even considering them an option. Am I missing an obvious choice somewhere?

Both of you know the area and the various forms of transportation so well. What is your best advice?

Thanks in advance!

Cab fare will be about $40, car service won't save anything in this case. Make sure the can driver knows where the hotel is before getting in the can, make sure your son has the address and printed directions just in case.

Also there are tolls, and a cab would require the customer to pay them. Don't let him take the Pulaski and come up through the city, it's longer.

Autocorrect responsible for most typos...

Edited by ducklite

While there shouldn't be a big difference in price between car service and a taxi, since your son is arriving late at night, my recommendation is to reserve a car service so that he knows the fare in advance and has the commitment for the ride.

Fare will probably be about $45-50 plus tolls and tip.