Changing to 6pm early seating dinner

Hello,

For a voyager cruise in December, my family have been placed on late seating for dinner at the main dining room, despite our initial request for 6pm.

Apparently, however, the 8:30pm seating is more popular, and that 6pm isn't usually full.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you have had success in changing to 6pm seating for dinner?? It would really help, because I don't really want to be having dinner that late at night :)

Should I go to reception on the 1st day, or phone in?

Thank you for your advice

We prefer the early time too. We travel as a large family with varied interests. Dining early gives everyone a chance to do what interests them after dinner. We have always had our TA put us on a wait list and we've gotten the early dinner by the time we boarded. People are always changing their mind.

Hello,

For a voyager cruise in December, my family have been placed on late seating for dinner at the main dining room, despite our initial request for 6pm.

Apparently, however, the 8:30pm seating is more popular, and that 6pm isn't usually full.

Therefore, I was wondering if any of you have had success in changing to 6pm seating for dinner?? It would really help, because I don't really want to be having dinner that late at night :)

If, between now and your cruise, your preferred dining time doesn't open up, go to the maitre d' (and bring a book) when you get on board and you should have no problem getting your time switched (I've done it a bunch). If the only option right now is MTD and you are charged the pre-paid gratuities and your preferred dining time does open up, you can either call and have the gratuities removed or just leave them. FTR, I have never paid less...usually more, so I just tend to leave them and add extra at the end if I think it's warranted which it usually has been.

Hello,

Actually early seating is more popular.

Hello,

Send an email to rcldining@rccl.com. Let them know the ship and cruise you are on; provide them with your confirmation number and the confirmation numbers of all who you would like to be seated with.

Explain in the email what you would like....and see what reply you get.

I have been successful solving dining room issues this way, before getting on the ship. If this doesn't work out for you...go to the dining room as soon as you finish lunch on arrival to the ship and speak with the Maitre D'. It can get done...but it is easier if you try to handle the issue before the sailing date.

Hello,

Hi we have always found the first seating and my family time fills up fast when you book a cruise during school holidays. As people are traveling with young children and kids like to eat early so it fill up months before your cruise and you can ask to be put on a wait list incase someone changes their mind or cancels their booking. So It is very hard to change to the first seating once you are onboard. You can try but your best bet would be to try and change to My Time dining now before you go .Then you can just book to eat at the early time that you want for each night when you get onboard or you can do that before you go to.Good luck

Edited by Jasp 0401

If your staying in a suite or diamond or above, the concierge will make it happen.

Not always true my sister was staying in a Suite and she tried to change to early seating but there was nothing the Concierge could do.He told her "When the Dining rooms is full its full".The only thing he could do to help was change them to My Time.

Edited by Jasp 0401

Early dining usually books up well before late. Are you waitlisted for early? Make sure your TA puts you on the waitlist so that if a space opens up they will know you want it.

We prefer late, but for the last cruise we booked, both traditional dining times were full. We really dislike the Anytime dining. Our TA waitlisted us for late dining and also contacted her sales manager and voila, we got a confirmation that we cleared the waitlist and got the table in late dining. If you booked yourself then call and get yourself waitlisted.