best pool area for adults on Divina (besides solarium 18)?

tbmrt

Would appreciate suggestions for best pool area for adults without children other than Solarium 18? I understand that the Adults Only policy at one of the pools isn't really enforced. (non-Yacht Club)

Thank you

Barbara

On the aft of Deck 15 is the Garden Pool Zen Area. It is supposed to be reserved for adults only.

Will be on the Divina Thanksgiving week and let you know if the adults only rule is enforced.

divina_infinity_pool.jpg

Edited by footzz

On the aft of Deck 15 is the Garden Pool Zen Area. It is supposed to be reserved for adults only.

Will be on the Divina Thanksgiving week and let you know if the adults only rule is enforced.

divina_infinity_pool.jpg

This area used to be a adult zone but it's not anymore. The adult zone area is now at the Top 18 Solarium.

Would appreciate suggestions for best pool area for adults without children other than Solarium 18? I understand that the Adults Only policy at one of the pools isn't really enforced. (non-Yacht Club)

Thank you

Barbara

This was one the issues I was trying to find a solution for in my thorough research.

Solarium 18 ($$) is not a pool area.

The aft looking pool by definition is supposed to be adults only on cruise ships.

We yet have to see if MSC is able to enforce the policy (if any) and make one of the pools adults only.

Thank you

Barbara

I"m afraid you won't find a kid free pool area on board. we were onboard in may out of venice, the kids didn't bother us. We liked the aft pool it tended to be a little quieter.

That is where my wife and I hung out for the 18 day repo....quite nice....salt water....has a limit sign of about 30 people in the pool.... but area got crowded as people were up there at 7 am putting their orange towels out and then showing up hrs later....loungers on the starboard side and tables and chairs with a few loungers on the port side.....with a bar area....on the repo smokers hung out at the end of the bar but I do not think they are allowed to do that now....

Top 18.....not sure if I would pay $5 for half a day or $50 each for the whole cruise to be up there......has one hot tub and loungers plus a few wicker beds to lie inside....there were tons of loungers all over the ship so why pay unless the ship was loaded with kids and you wanted to be away from them.......we personally like to be close to a pool to jump in when I feel like it....the top 18 was quite the hike down to the pool aft or the pool in center area....

JMO some of you are overthinking your cruise

it will depend on YOUR cruise...how many kids on board...how many groups and others on board...

how active they are, how many are using the pools

IMHO - "feet don't fail me now">> walk around and find a pool area you like

our sailing the "infinity pool" was only full to edge first day - rocky seas and rain made them lower the water level

the solarium (covered) during rain was very popular obviously

on a sunny cruise it may be different

I have learned with MSC that I can't predict or figure things out too much ahead...the more I try the more unhappy I get

if I go with the flow

it gets better

Divina is really beautiful and everything feels very clean and nice

including the lovely orange pool towels <grin>

BTW.....the Infinity Pool area is also the Disirrono Bar area - very south beach lounge looking....adult area....they have special cocktails and such

so yes it has a very adult feel....I did not see any kids there

our weather was not great so this was really mostly in use first day from what I saw

I have learned with MSC that I can't predict or figure things out too much ahead...the more I try the more unhappy I get

if I go with the flow

it gets better

Yep....with three head offices in Europe and now another branch in USA....one arm does not know what the other wants or is doing and imagine the effort trying to get approval to do something....ie....put a free movie on the big tv screen by the main pool when we did not have any television or news for 7 days on the repo cruise....would have been so easy to do....pop in a DVD....lol.....and have instant "Movies under the Stars"

JMO some of you are overthinking your cruise

it will depend on YOUR cruise...how many kids on board...how many groups and others on board...

how active they are, how many are using the pools

IMHO - "feet don't fail me now">> walk around and find a pool area you like

our sailing the "infinity pool" was only full to edge first day - rocky seas and rain made them lower the water level

the solarium (covered) during rain was very popular obviously

on a sunny cruise it may be different

if I go with the flow

it gets better

"Go with the flow" really ought to be MSC's motto.