Rumors about January C&A changes

Karter

Wow! We are on this cruise and the official roll call is 103 lines on a spreadsheet and not all are doubles. That is much less than 300 people (in case some haven't added themselves to the spreadsheet) on a ship that sails with how many? We are Diamond Plus and have only sailed with one other person before. I sure didn't realize I was part of a CC who's who :D.

As large as the Oasis is I doubt we will have to worry about who else is sailing with us if we don't want to.

Wow, Herb, me either. I sure don't know many of them. You will sail with us in three weeks. Does that mean you know more than one after Serenade. I'm not worried about such things. Oasis does have enough room for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you are assuming that I am cheering this change, that is not correct. I am only passing on the info from my sources. I really don't care what happens to the D's. I'm sorry if the facts offend anyone.
What you say are "facts" are in fact speculation by yourself and at this point not "facts" at all, just your so called "source"....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

rccl should move all dia & dia+ that have a silver sea pass card into the diamond lounge and give the CL only to the cruisers that are issued a gold colored sea pass card. this is a very easy fix and it will ease all the CL crowding. :):):) LUV-LUV-LUV
Sorry sometimes your posts are so amusing, you do live in your own alternate universe!....:rolleyes:

My source is a veteran LA that has been with RCCL for as a highly respected inside and outside of RCCL. The LAs often get a chnace to know more about the passengers than any other position in RCCL and RCCL ultizies this information. Fell free to question the info from the LA, but come January I think you'll see this info is on target.
I won't rub it in when your wrong...:rolleyes:

What you say are "facts" are in fact speculation by yourself and at this point not "facts" at all, just your so called "source"....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I must have missed where that person expanded on the "facts" they know and what they are. If they have information that they believe beyond doubt to be correct and actionable what is with all the "hush hush" secrecy; why don't they just say what the changes are...

I must have missed where that person expanded on the "facts" they know and what they are. If they have information that they believe beyond doubt to be correct and actionable what is with all the "hush hush" secrecy; why don't they just say what the changes are...

There is nothing to report. EVERYTHING on this thread is speculation, arguments and bickering.

See how easy it was to explain the whole thing? :D

Actually, I think this has been in the works for some time. First the announcement to put Diamond Lounges on all ships, then the announcement to allow children of people staying in Suites into the Concierge Lounge during the happy hour time, then the announcement to allow two bottles of wine per cabin to be brought aboard, then the announcement of the drink packages and most recently the trial run of drink coupons. It all leads to the inevitable to those who have experienced the crowds in the CL's. The writing on the wall is pretty clear.
LOL sorry your writing on the wall is one dimensional. Sometimes folks believe it they say something enough times it is reality.....:rolleyes:

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help. I can tell you some things that they don't have. They do not have diet tonic and they do not have diet cranberry juice. They do have bloody mary fixings because I have had them in the lounge. They do not make fancy frozen drinks at all so I'm not sure if they make margaritas even if you brought the mix. You can e mail the ship's concierge and ask. My wife brings her own diet tonic.

Thanks. into the suitcase they go!

Sorry, I don't agree with that. Give the CL to the suite guests, they are paying more for the cruise we are on. Just like booking first class on a plane, they pay more so they get more. IMO we get good deals with the D/D+ discounts and some of the other things. I think they should ensure that suite guests get access and the benefits of the CL.

Thank you for commenting, I couldn't agree with you more. A lot of the comments on this thread have been a little crazy, but this one takes the cake. I think it was made just to stir the pot!

someone once told me (the 2nd highest cruiser with RCL), that if we stop going to the events that RCL is good enough to give us in our honor, they will soon take them away. that definitely makes sense.

we complain about cutbacks. yet when they give a party in our honor, you don't show up. WOW.

the "been there done that" is a lame excuse. you do a few cruises any now you "been there done that".

when it is gone you will ask WHY? :confused::confused::confused:

give me a break.............

Whoa…hold on there phish tales… Since I am the poster to which the poster you quoted replied let me explain. I haven't just been on a "few" cruises with Royal Caribbean. I spend at least 4 weeks a year on Royal ships. I NEVER enjoyed those top tier event parties. There is no way you or anyone else is going to

make me go to one. If they take it away I will NOT ask "Why"?

Just because I am D+ and often in the top tier numbers of the loyalty program on a particular sailing doesn't mean I make a big deal of it. We cruise with friends who often are not a high level in the Loyalty program. Why would we ditch them to go to a party we don't even enjoy?

There are people who enjoy these parties. Great. Go to them. But if they take them away because of lack of attendance then so be it.

You have a nerve to tell me or any other D, D+ or Pinnacle Member what they should or shouldn't attend while they are on board (other than the Muster Drill, of course.)

We just returned from the Brilliance Boston to Tampa repositioning cruise. There were 1708 C&A members onboard. Pinnacle - 34, D+/Diamond - 800 plus those in suites. Posted cocktail hours were 5-8 but, since 1st seating was at 5:30 pm, drinks were being poured at 4:30pm. The CL was for Pinnacle/D+ and Suites, the DL was expanded to include the Viking Crown Lounge and open to Pinnacle/D+/D and the Colony Club was the 3rd lounge for D/D+/Pinnacle. Plenty of room for everyone and never a problem to get a seat.

Cooked to order breakfast and continental breakfast was available in CHOPS for Pinnacle and D+. This was very nice, well received and you had hot, fresh food within 5-10 min of ordering. The CL and DL offered the usual continental breakfast.

D+ as well as Pinnacle? I thought it was Gold Card holders only.

I think that you meant this in reverse, Jean, didn't you?

Peak hours would be 5-8 or 8:30; off-peak would be everything else.

I did.:o

[quote name='Priusprof'][SIZE=5]My apologies for shenanigans. I promise that I did not say that to stir any pot. I hate that!!! I truly do believe that I read this but I must be hallucinating because I could find nothing to back up what I truly believed before I said it in the post.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=5]So my heartfelt apologies to everyone on this thread for stating what I believed to be fact. I sent an e mail to Crown and Anchor to ask what was happening, if anything.[/SIZE][/quote]

No worries! But can you share whatever you were taking?:D

[quote name='internetwhiz']I feel like if you pay the prices for a grand suite or above, you better get amenities others don't I have yet, after 20 cruises, to stay in a GS or above because they cost so much more.
[/quote]

Agreed. I am lifetime Gold with American Airlines, but I have to fly first class to get the first class treatment on the plane. I get other perks like a free checked bag and priority boarding. I'm fine with that, considering that I can fly to JFK for under $600 (usually) but FC would cost about $6k.:eek:

[quote name='Zou Bisou Bisou']Whoa…hold on there phish tales… Since I am the poster to which the poster you quoted replied let me explain. I haven't just been on a "few" cruises with Royal Caribbean. I spend at least 4 weeks a year on Royal ships. I NEVER enjoyed those top tier event parties. There is no way you or anyone else is going to
make me go to one. If they take it away I will NOT ask "Why"?

Just because I am D+ and often in the top tier numbers of the loyalty program on a particular sailing doesn't mean I make a big deal of it. We cruise with friends who often are not a high level in the Loyalty program. Why would we ditch them to go to a party we don't even enjoy?

There are people who enjoy these parties. Great. Go to them. But if they take them away because of lack of attendance then so be it.

You have a nerve to tell me or any other D, D+ or Pinnacle Member what they should or shouldn't attend while they are on board (other than the Muster Drill, of course.)[/quote]

i did not say you or anyone else MUST go. but don't use the "been there done that" as your reason. i do many more cruises than some folks and i and friends that cruise a lot always take time to attend.. there is always a reason not to go. but "been there done that" is not one of them....

[quote name='Zou Bisou Bisou']What makes you think that just because they aren't at the Top Tier Event they aren't on board? I rarely go to those events, its been several years, and I have been D+ for awhile now.[/quote]

[quote name='FLSteve11']I'm sure there were a few onboard that didn't go. So let's say there were a dozen (and I think I'm pretty generous with that). You would have a lounge dedicated to a dozen people, who may or may not use it. (Most likely not if they are sailing with others who are not D+) Add in the option of drink vouchers and you basically have an empty room.

The majority of cruises, year round, are not filled with tons of D+ people. Take away the special cruises (TA's, repositions, member cruises, and D-in-D like specials), and there just is not the huge numbers that would make a lounge of D/D+ too crowded together. For those cruises that DO have large numbers, an overflow lounge would take care of it.[/quote]

When were on the Oct. 13th Freedom sailing, the number of D, D+, and Pinnacle's on-board were told at the top tier event.

Hey FLSteve11, weren't you on the Disney Dream Oct. 20-24 sailing? We tried Disney after the Freedom.

[quote name='phish tales']i did not say you or anyone else MUST go. but don't use the "been there done that" as your reason. i do many more cruises than some folks and i and friends that cruise a lot always take time to attend.. there is always a reason not to go. but "been there done that" is not one of them....[/QUOTE]

I always go out of respect for all of the officers who take the time to show up and greet us. It's a good time to thank them for their hard work or just to say hello.

I guess I have the same feeling about the "been there, done that" reason so many use for not getting off the ship in port.

New things always happen in port or at parties on board. Captains sometimes reveal new interesting bits of info. Or maybe you see someone you didn't know was on the ship - crew or passenger. I've known of people who won't go to a party just because they aren't getting an award this time. I think it would be nice if they go clap for someone else for a change.

I realize some people just don't ever go and that's fine, too. I wouldn't miss it unless I forget - which has happened. (Rarely)

Let me get this stright, I am a diamond member (103pts) have 2 cruises comming up in Jan.
am I going to get drink coupons & not allowed in the Diamond Lounge ? I will be on the Freedom on the 5th Jan. & the Independence on the 12th. & always look forward to the Diamond lonuge for some meeting &new friends.

[quote name='george35']Let me get this stright, I am a diamond member (103pts) have 2 cruises comming up in Jan.
am I going to get drink coupons & not allowed in the Diamond Lounge ? I will be on the Freedom on the 5th Jan. & the Independence on the 12th. & always look forward to the Diamond lonuge for some meeting &new friends.[/QUOTE]

If you have read the entire thread, you should have learned that EVERYTHING on this thread is made up, fabricated, guessed at, surmised, supposed, whispered, repeated, and generally FAKED.

No one knows anything.

So far, the only use of vouchers on a Royal Caribbean ship has been on transatlantics with huge numbers of eligible cruisers.

Your cruises are unlikely to be swamped with D, D+ & P.

:rolleyes:

[quote name='Merion_Mom']If you have read the entire thread, you should have learned that EVERYTHING on this thread is made up, fabricated, guessed at, surmised, supposed, whispered, repeated, and generally FAKED.

No one knows anything.

So far, the only use of vouchers on a Royal Caribbean ship has been on transatlantics with huge numbers of eligible cruisers.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

A lot of what you just said is simply not true.

[quote name='george35']Let me get this stright, I am a diamond member (103pts) have 2 cruises comming up in Jan.
am I going to get drink coupons & not allowed in the Diamond Lounge ? I will be on the Freedom on the 5th Jan. & the Independence on the 12th. & always look forward to the Diamond lonuge for some meeting &new friends.[/QUOTE]

You will be allowed in the diamond lounge. There has been no announcement that there will be any changes to how the lounges are operated on a daily basis. If Royal Caribbean ever makes any changes to their loyalty program they will give notice. Don't worry about your cruises.

Gina

[quote name='phish tales']i did not say you or anyone else MUST go. but don't use the "been there done that" as your reason. i do many more cruises than some folks and i and friends that cruise a lot always take time to attend.. there is always a reason not to go. but "been there done that" is not one of them....[/QUOTE]

People are allowed to attend or not to attend. Sometimes I go, sometimes I don't. It is an invitation, it is not mandatory. Many times I frankly have better things to do. You are not the Judge of what is an acceptable excuse.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']If you have read the entire thread, you should have learned that EVERYTHING on this thread is made up, fabricated, guessed at, surmised, supposed, whispered, repeated, and generally FAKED.

No one knows anything.

Hey MM......I think your Great!
I can always count on your posts to cut to the chase.

[quote name='Merion_Mom']If you have read the entire thread, you should have learned that [COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]EVERYTHING on this thread is made up, fabricated, guessed at, surmised, supposed, whispered, repeated, and generally FAKED.[/COLOR][COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Red"[/COLOR]]Not true. A poster was given the information by an LA. While we do not know yet whether it will turn out to be true or false the poster did not make up, fabricate, guess, surmise, suppose, whisper or fake. The poster did repeat.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"][COLOR="Black"]No one knows anything.[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"][COLOR="Red"]Maybe you don't know anything. But I am sure some people do.[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

So far, the only use of vouchers on a Royal Caribbean ship has been on transatlantics with huge numbers of eligible cruisers. [COLOR="Red"]Not true. The vouchers are being used on the Indy as we post, as reported by beach native in post # 351 on the Diamond Drinks Trial Thread.[/COLOR]

Your cruises are unlikely to be swamped with D, D+ & P. [COLOR="Red"] Again, not necessarily true. I have been on non-TA, non-Holiday sailings where there were tons of D and D+ Overflow is often used because of this.[/COLOR]

Please see my comments in red above Edited by JillLovesTravel