Dinner with a View in Waikiki

FrannyK

Staying in Waikiki (haven't secured a hotel just yet) in January for one night (a Friday night) before our cruise. Will arrive in Waikiki in the afternoon and would love to have dinner that evening somewhere with a nice view and Hawaiian food. Where would you suggest? I would like to make a reservation ahead of time. I've seen Friday night fireworks mentioned on these boards, where are they, and can anyone see them or is it a pay-for event?

The Friday night fireworks are at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. They are free to all to watch.

As for a place with a view AND Hawaiian food, I can't help. If you weren't looking for Hawaiian food, I'd recommend Duke's at the Outrigger Waikiki. Right on the beach. They do have fresh Hawaiian fish, Kaula Pork sandwiches, poke, and the ever-famous Hula Pie.

At Duke's, I always sat at the Barefoot Bar and watched the sunset. I loved the fish tacos - I'd get the them without the Cajun seasoning.

That sounds amazing. I'll check to see what time sunset is that day. Love fish tacos!