Disappointed in NCL - Won't bend policy for cancer victim

sdmike

Maybe if they just charged us an extra $45 per one week cruise we could get it right! $25 per person for trip insurance, and another $20 to guarantee real OJ, good bacon (without bacon police), and real maple syrup!

I guess people would then just complain about the $45 :)

Or if NCL charged separately for each of these, they'd be accused of nickel and diming.

I'm in....LET'S MAKE A DEAL.... and yeah.....someone would complain but then they'd get no bacon, maple syrup or beer....

Simple: why would you credit this person and not those affected by Hurricane Sandy or those who could not get to Europe ports due to volcano.

Insurance. Period. Read the contract.

The only reason NCL should provide something is when the cancellation is initiated due to them.

Sad. But reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Simple: why would you credit this person and not those affected by Hurricane Sandy or those who could not get to Europe ports due to volcano.

Insurance. Period. Read the contract.

The only reason NCL should provide something is when the cancellation is initiated due to them.

Sad. But reality.

We+ve+moved+on+from+beating+a+dead+horse+to+a+_2925e3548ddde6756beb788338ec32f7.gif

:D

Edited by sdmike

Why is insurance not included in the price of the cruise? Simple... only the US government can mandate insurance. Otherwise it's optional. :D

On a more serious note, I don't agree with including insurance in the price. That trivializes it and puts the burden on the cruise line. The burden should be on the PAX to cover their investment. My family has been on five cruises and even more land based vacations that cost in excess of $5k. I have never had to use it, but I wouldn't even consider not having insurance. And not just cancellation insurance... medical and evacuation insurance as well. What are you going to do if something happens in the middle of the ocean and some medical event happens to you that isn't the responsibility of the cruise line occurs? What if something happens in a port with limited medical capabilities? The ship will likely help as much as they can, but is it the cruise ship's responsibility to take care of paying for your transport? Nope. Paying for a canceled trip shouldn't be either.

Edited by RZ3

Last year there was a story on the local news channel about a family canceling an NCL cruise that was scheduled just days after hurricane Sandy hit last year. Their house was destroyed so they cancelled their cruise. NCL refused to give them any money back so the family went to the news station to complain. This too made NCL look bad but rules are rules. The news program claimed they got RCCL to give them a free cruise instead.

Last year there was a story on the local news channel about a family canceling an NCL cruise that was scheduled just days after hurricane Sandy hit last year. Their house was destroyed so they cancelled their cruise. NCL refused to give them any money back so the family went to the news station to complain. This too made NCL look bad but rules are rules. The news program claimed they got RCCL to give them a free cruise instead.

I seem to remember that.. RCCL seems to edge out NCL in the PR department from time to time

I truly feel sympathy for the victim here, but at the same time there really is no sensible reason for NCL to bend the policy. It would be similar to only buying auto insurance AFTER you had an accident and then expecting the insurance company to foot the bill. Maybe if they offered Obamacare Trip Insurance?

I truly feel sympathy for the victim here, but at the same time there really is no sensible reason for NCL to bend the policy. It would be similar to only buying auto insurance AFTER you had an accident and then expecting the insurance company to foot the bill. Maybe if they offered Obamacare Trip Insurance?

Pretty much like Obamacare, eh? Yeah - makes no sense to me either.

I seem to remember that.. RCCL seems to edge out NCL in the PR department from time to time

maybe but did rccl give Sandy people refund on their cruises? Think not?!Otherwise it would have been all over the news also

Edited by RNPJN