Voyager...Penthouse A or B vs Concierge

karska

Penthouse C are all aft. Read comments about vibration, plus don't really like all the way back. We did it on a Celebrity and couldn't sit out...got wet plus NO

privacy.

Is it worth the extra dollars for PH. It's about $3000/pp more. That said, business class is inc.

There are so many variables. Having Business Class air included can be a big plus (depending upon the cost to upgrade if you are in in a penthouse). While the Penthouse Suites on the Voyager are only 15 sq. ft. larger than regular suites, the configuration makes it feel larger. We never needed a butler before -- until we experienced our first one. They are lovely and make the Regent Experience even better than it would normally be.

IMO, Penthouse Suites are a great non-necessity. Whether or not it is worth the extra $$$ is up to you. I do recommend avoid Penthouse A suites that are under the swimming pool (deck 10) as it can be noisy when the chairs are being moved around. We generally stay in a mid-ship Penthouse B.

Whichever you choose, hope you have a great cruise.:)

On Voyager we had PA room 960. Yes it was near the end of the ship and only once when we were booting it out of Sicily did I notice any vibration and it was very very minor. Also that set of "A"s are not under the pool. Anyway as I have indicated on other posts we always book on rear cabin on HAL (SC, SB cat ) and they are located aft, those vibrate a lot, so we have gotten used to it and it never bothers us anymore. We actually got rolled out of bed once on a sailing from New York...so take my advice with a bit of caution.

We got an upsell (last cruise to a P"A") and decided to take it. Never regretted it for an instance. Our butler was amazing. Agreed with all the food I really did not need anything else but it was still great. I have never seen shrimp that huge!!!... DW and I always argue over the computer , with the included Ipad that ended that issue.

Compared to the PH suites on the Mariner the Voyager one disappointed me. I did not like the layout and at the time thought I would probably prefer to take a "normal" Concierge level suite in future. (Had one of these on Navigator and were delighted with the size...)

That said, nothing will now separate me from a Butler!!