Diamonds and Diamond Lounge

Here we go...

I ask questions on here bc I don't get to talk to our good family friend often, but finally had a chance to this morning. She works for Royal corporate and has dispelled rumors in the past.

THERE ARE NO PLANS TO KICK DIAMONDS OUT.

right now they are experimenting with the coupons, yes a lot of us know that.

They are also exploring options to minimize the crowding, not limited to coupons. The changes might vary from sailing to sailing (I.e. On ships with a lot of diamonds that week, the nightly happy hour might move to a lounge that's not being utilized much, if at all)

She went on to say not only are benefits NOT being taken away, but a few added bonuses may roll out mid-2014 that people may love)

Also, interesting to note that the windjammer menu is being considered for an overhaul (obviously excluding the dinner items from the dining rooms that are served up there each night)

Take it with a grain of salt, but she has been a trusted family friend who's worked for Royal since the mid 90s

Thanks so much for your post...Sounds like hopefully some correct information, rather than those wild rumors that tend to just stir things up on these boards. :eek: :)

Remember-those wild rumors started by someone saying that a Loyalty Ambassador on board the ship told them. Why should the above statement have any more validity?

On CC I find people believe any source that tells them what they want to hear. And yes, that has been over and above the Captain of a ship as they were wrong but the Aunt, who's friend, a neighbor who's niece went to school with Mr. Goldstein's kids had inside information!!:p

Edited by Debde

Your reporting is music to my ears as compared to the other thread which spells doom and gloom for the D class. I will be disappointed if RCL revises upward the reaching of D+ tier as I will reach it on my Quantum cruise.

Remember-those wild rumors started by someone saying that a Loyalty Ambassador on board the ship told them. Why should the above statement have any more validity?

On CC I find people believe any source that tells them what they want to hear. And yes, that has been over and above the Captain of a ship as they were wrong but the Aunt, who's friend, a neighbor who's niece went to school with Mr. Goldstein's kids had inside information!!:p

Sorry...but your post came off a little condescending..JMHO

I didn't say it had more "validity"... I "did" say it sounds "hopeful" there's a big difference in the two thoughts....as usually the runaway rumors on these boards are "doom & gloom".;)

Sorry...but your post came off a little condescending..JMHO

I didn't say it had more "validity"... I "did" say it sounds "hopeful" there's a big difference in the two thoughts....as usually the runaway rumors on these boards are "doom & gloom".;)

sorry-I did not mean to sound condescending but you did use the phrase correct information. that's why I wanted to know where does correct information come from??