Live from 11/20 Divina: Photos!

LauraS

Another novelty onboard, which we havn't seen onboard the MSC ships in Europe, seems to be all the towel animals spread out at the bedspreads:rolleyes:

However, none at Sophia Lorens bed...and none on top of the bed in the other Yacht Club-suite shown at the pictures...:cool:

I wonder if the towel animals were there only because of the sightseeing for press and travel trade agents, or if they will be a permanent element onboard...:confused:

We had a wonderful dinner in the Eataly Ristorante onboard the newer sistership MSC Preziosa and had a great time there. The food and service was excellent. And the chairs, quite comfy, no problems at all.

As did we in October on the Preziosa. High quality, well cooked steak, interesting Italian soda pop and a beautiful Tiramisu and also a ice ceam with meringue which my husband thoroughly enjoyed.

Reasonably priced and presented well. Plus it sells Italian gourmet food at discounted prices. There is an Eataly establishment in New York that is an extension of this brand.

I'd recommend it.

Another novelty onboard, which we havn't seen onboard the MSC ships in Europe, seems to be all the towel animals spread out at the bedspreads:rolleyes:

However, none at Sophia Lorens bed...and none on top of the bed in the other Yacht Club-suite shown at the pictures...:cool:

I wonder if the towel animals were there only because of the sightseeing for press and travel trade agents, or if they will be a permanent element onboard...:confused:

we only got leaves on palm trees as we approached Miami, we only got towel animal the day before we arrived in Miami, all bulbs and other fixtures fixed just in time for Miami, so yes just for press, the cracks will open again they only been filled

• Administrators

My elevator saga

4A64A751-A415-4CA7-80F4-28CD862DD6AD-17536-00000F03270879DA_zpsaba050be.jpg

You have to play 'beat the elevator' or 'race to open door' due to the design. You cant tell when it arrives due to recessed design. Funny stuff weve missed over half of them! Lol!

we only got leaves on palm trees as we approached Miami, we only got towel animal the day before we arrived in Miami, all bulbs and other fixtures fixed just in time for Miami, so yes just for press, the cracks will open again they only been filled

Seems your disappointment voiced prior to this cruise re one port cancellation has clouded your experience and there was just no way you would allow yourself to enjoy . Pity

I'm from the Carnival board:eek:. Thank you for the pictures being posted. Somehow Divina entered a thread over there. It's kind of odd how people who've not cruised MSC have no clue. I've only been on MSC once when Opera was in FLL. I'm already locked into a Carnival cruise leaving just before that tremendous Dec. 10 Divina cruise, I'm just sick over it, not just because of this beautiful ship, but I'm solo and the solo rate can't be beat unless they had no supplement.

Enjoy your ship, I hope to be on one in the future:)

Edited by RuthlessBoss

I'm from the Carnival board:eek:. Thank you for the pictures being posted. Somehow Divina entered a thread over there. It's kind of odd how people who've not cruised MSC have no clue. I've only been on MSC once when Opera was in FLL. I'm already locked into a Carnival cruise leaving just before that tremendous Dec. 10 Divina cruise, I'm just sick over it, not just because of this beautiful ship, but I'm solo and the solo rate can't be beat unless they had no supplement.

Enjoy your ship, I hope to be on one in the future:)

So true.

While taking those pics three Fedora-wearing hipsters told us those plastic chairs cost $600 a piece! Thats all i'm saying lol

If the chairs are real then the actual price for the ghost chairs is $330

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My elevator saga

You have to play 'beat the elevator' or 'race to open door' due to the design. You cant tell when it arrives due to recessed design. Funny stuff weve missed over half of them! Lol!

I guess the secret may be to stand in the middle of the elevators....Does the button light or show the progression of the elevator?

Thanks for the pics!

Barbara

My elevator saga

That is a consistent problem. The timings are way too fast. Our tactic was to choose one side or the other and stick to it regardless of whether the first lift/elevator to arrive was on the opposite side.

Some of the lift doors are dangerous and as you say close far too quick,there were numerous people caught out by one of two of them and had the bruises to prove it.

Sadly the Laminated wood walls let the Divina down and compared to the Poesia with its Marble walls comes a poor second, far too much of this wood has been used around the ship making it look cheap and as someone said it looks like the stuff they use in shops to clad the walls where they hang clothes rails!

Some of the lift doors are dangerous and as you say close far too quick,there were numerous people caught out by one of two of them and had the bruises to prove it.

Sadly the Laminated wood walls let the Divina down and compared to the Poesia with its Marble walls comes a poor second, far too much of this wood has been used around the ship making it look cheap and as someone said it looks like the stuff they use in shops to clad the walls where they hang clothes rails!

You took time to study the walls?

Use of laminates is extremely common in ship construction, even on the finest ships. I was just on the Crystal Symphony and there was laminate in several places. It's durable and lighter. This is a petty complaint.

petty complaint ? no its my thoughts on how it looks on Divina compared to the Poesia and Opera, which in my opinion look far classier than Divina which in places looks tacky.

Next you will be trying to tell me the Jazz bar does not look like it has come straight from a Costa ship!

petty complaint ? no its my thoughts on how it looks on Divina compared to the Poesia and Opera, which in my opinion look far classier than Divina which in places looks tacky.

Next you will be trying to tell me the Jazz bar does not look like it has come straight from a Costa ship!

Do you have anything good to say?

jc ... When i have time i will post some pics so you can see where i am coming from, the best part of Divina is the Atrium but some other areas appear lacklustre as though the Swarovski staircases is where the money went at the expense of other parts of the ship.

Divina is a bigger ship but with less space which many of the crew agree with, the Animation team have less space to work with on the pool deck of Divina than they had on Poesia, the biggest lounge on Divina has less space and seating than the one on Poesia.

Now. calm down.

Sidari, you must appreciate that most people visit the MSC forum because they have cruises booked with MSC. They are looking for information, tips and balanced views. If someone, e.g. you, is consistently negative, he or she is likely to annoy them and some of that annoyance is starting to be expressed here. Please save your complaints for the UK MSC office or your travel agent if you used one. If you have something that will benefit the wider CC community, please share it in context: this was good, this was not so good, I recommend etc...

jchipgcs, appreciate that Sidari was messed around by having his itinerary altered before departure, apparently so that they could arrive in Miami one day early purely for an exhibition of the ship to 600 U.S. travel agents while they should still have been at sea. There is a genuine grievance which I hope he will take up directly with MSC. This may be colouring some of his posts right now.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Now. calm down.

Sidari, you must appreciate that most people visit the MSC forum because they have cruises booked with MSC. They are looking for information, tips and balanced views. If someone, e.g. you, is consistently negative, he or she is likely to annoy them and some of that annoyance is starting to be expressed here. Please save your complaints for the UK MSC office or your travel agent if you used one. If you have something that will benefit the wider CC community, please share it in context: this was good, this was not so good, I recommend etc...

jchipgcs, appreciate that Sidari was messed around by having his itinerary altered before departure, apparently so that they could arrive in Miami one day early purely for an exhibition of the ship to 600 U.S. travel agents while they should still have been at sea. There is a genuine grievance which I hope he will take up directly with MSC. This may be colouring some of his posts right now.

Thanks Skipper. Well put.

Now. calm down.

Thank you -We are first time cruisers booked on Divina in March. This is the holiday of a lifetime for us celebrating both my 50th birthday and our 30th wedding anniversary. I am really disappointed about the negative posts but on reflection they are very minor points. I am determined we will enjoy our holiday- we usually holiday in our 30 year old vw camper, cook on a 2 ring gas burner and have no toilet facilities. So I am certain I can cope with laminate wooden walls, plastic looking chairs , hard to judge lifts and a lack of towel animals!!! Please keep posting the photos and hints and tips :)

Tim ... Nothing is colouring my posts, what is the point in telling people that everything in the garden is rosy, what happened to honesty ? nowhere have i said this was a bad cruise or a bad ship, yes it has its problems and probably more than it should have done. For me Divina is not as nice internally as the other two ships we have sailed on but that does not mean others will not like it or that i and others should not share our thoughts or views on it.

KevSue ... I am sure you will enjoy being on the Divina and as they say there is never a bad cruise but some are more memorable than others for various reasons, i see no point in telling people that the ship is wonderful and everything within it as some would have it. It is worth knowing the Good points as well as the issues that have arisen and i am sure there will be more along the way as more North American cruisers try out this ship.

More important will be the reviews form the first few weeks sailings which will be totally different from those of the transatlantic sailing especially because that was made up of Nationalities that outnumbered the English speaking ones who will more than likely not make a post reviews on CC.

Remember that MSC is only 12 years old compared to the likes of Royal and Carnival and it may well take the two years the ship will be in Miami to iron out the issues that people will no doubt highlight along the way.