New Captains Club levels

The program is fine if you've already reached a decent level but its horrible for those that haven't. A new member in an outside cabin will have to do 75 nights just to move off the bottom level and to reach the new top tier called Zenith they would have to stay on board for over 4 years! Its clearly geared towards the wealthiest passengers. 2 points per night for an outside cabin versus 18 points per night for a top suite. From my reading Celebrity has decided to reward wealth rather than loyalty. The majority of its mainstream customers will be worse off.

Wow, you are not wrong! We are about to undertake our first cruise and I have been following all of this closely. We are planning a further 4 cruises over the next 2 years which would have finished with us being Elite (not the reason why we are cruising, but seemed pretty cool). Now, as we will probably be inside or ocean view (I need an accessibility cabin and there is not so much choice), at the end of all of that we will be on 112 points - not even off classic. What a huge difference!

Wow, you are not wrong! We are about to undertake our first cruise and I have been following all of this closely. We are planning a further 4 cruises over the next 2 years which would have finished with us being Elite (not the reason why we are cruising, but seemed pretty cool). Now, as we will probably be inside or ocean view (I need an accessibility cabin and there is not so much choice), at the end of all of that we will be on 112 points - not even off classic. What a huge difference!

That is a shame for you. For us the perks are not the reason for cruising X, and are just that, a perk of being loyal. Unfortunately, we are also disappointed as we would have been Elite next year and now will be 43 points shy (most likely 2 cruises) from becoming Elite.:D