Lawn Club vs Qsine

Malen33

Hey All,

This december will be my first Celebrity cruise on the reflection. It's a family cruise, so I'm only "allowed" to take one night off to dine at a premium restaurant. If you only had a night, would you choose qsine or the lawn club grille?

Thanks,

Daniel

I thought Qsine would be my favorite, but I LOVED the Lawn Club grille. The food is simple, clean, grilled items, good salad bar, great flat breads and desserts, but to sit outside at night with a Caribbean breeze and see the water and the sky was just magic. We returned several more times throughout the week. If Oscar is still there, he is a wonderful server that had us laughing the whole time!

Qsine was fun, but there were only 2 of us so we had to cancel the majority of our order because the first few items were so filling. It was the only night I felt like I needed to go change to comfy clothes, lol! Also, the food items were gimmicky; sushi lollipops are rolled in Doritos?? Why ruin a good piece of Ahi with junk food??? You will have a good time no matter the choice, but for me, its Lawn Club, hands down!! Enjoy the Reflection; we sure did!!

We have not visited the Lawn Club Grill, so cannot comment, but we absolutely loved Qsine. Yes, it is gimmicky but what an experience. It was lovely to have 'tasters' from the countries we chose and it was fun how they were served. For example the Spring Rolls were served in a spring - they were delicious. We had little sponge cakes in a box together with icing and sprinkles, which we decorated ourselves, fish and chips in a box, little jars containing all kinds of Asian food You must try it.

Daniel, both are very good, but in different ways. Have you looked at the menus, decor, and locations on the website to see what appeals to you? Are you young, trendy, and like the quirky presentations? Or do you like high quality cuts of meats with a few good sides outside on a warm Caribbean night (in January that sounds really good to me, and it is a unique experience on ships, but you might not care that). We had excellent food and service in both, but when we return to the Reflection, we are going to the Lawn Club.

We think comparing the Lawn Grill to Qsine is akin to comparing an apple to a pickle. They are two totally different experiences with totally different cuisine. The Lawn Grill is a great venue for those steak and potato folks who like a bit more variety and lots of fun. But for those who tend to be a bit more adventurous with their food taste we think that Qsine is one of the most unique venues we have ever seen on any cruise ship/line. The Tapas-style used in Qsine allows diners to sample lots of different items (which you can choose from a classy iPad menu). Qsine can be a lot of fun with a small group because everyone can share. On our last visit we were a table of 4, ordered 11 different items, and had a total blast. Our only disappointment was that we ran out of stomach room and could not sample a few more dishes. In Qsine there is no limit on what you can order and the waiters even encourage diners to try lots of different items.

Hank

We did both and LOVED Lawn Club. In my opinion, Qsine is better done with a group so you don't fill up on the first couple of items.

I found the food better at Lawn Club, but again that is personal preference.

We loved sitting outdoors, and my husband had a blast demonstrating the flat bread pizza.

They are very different and will appeal to different tastes. Although both are nice to experience once I'm with Gonzo and some of the posters above when I say that for me personally I'd choose Murano first, or Tuscan Grill second, in recommending a single specialty restaurant visit to a new cruiser.

If you really want to pick between Qsine and Lawn Club Grill:

Pick Qusine if you'd like a totally different dining experience. Qsine is designed around sharing small plates (or relatively small plates) with others at your table so you can sample many dishes. Overall I don't think any one dish there is outstanding but rather it is the combination of the dishes and the very unique approach that makes it a "fun" dining experience rather than what I'd call fine dining. Most of the dishes there are either good 'ol comfort food or internationally inspired dishes (Asian, Indian, Greek, etc) Lawn Club grill has better food in my opinion specializing in grilled steaks and other meats with a nice flatbread (pizza) and salad bar appetizer. It's an outdoor grill restuarant done right. The ability to make your own flatbread pizza adds to the "fun" element here.

Personally, I've done Qsine twice on two different cruises and have no desire to return at the cost of meals there. Perhaps if it was at most half the price. But I know others who love it and can eat there many many times. I also think it is a great place to try at least once but not so great that I'd recommend it over the other restuarants.

Lawn Club Grill - I've only eaten lunch there and all I can say is it is too much food for lunch - at least for people like me that can't help but to try a fair amount of each course. I'd eat there again on a cruise where an outdoor (or almost outdoor) meal would be nice as the food was very good although very casual with the basic grill menu.

Murano's and Tuscan Grill are fine dining done right. Muranos is an elegant setting with great service and nice complex dishes. Tuscan Grill is a bit more casual but still a bit upscale with Italian inspired food including some nice steaks among many other dishes.

Edited by Lsimon

My opinion: Lawn Club is better (much better) than Qsine. Murano is better than either of them. Tuscan Grill is best of all.

Ditto - Murano and Tuscan are my favorites. In my experiences, the LCG seems to be fairly empty most of the time. I like a restaurant better when it has more life to it. Murano for the atmosphere and Tuscan for the view and food (the mac and cheese is to die for!).

Qsine was fun since we were with a group, but I wouldn't go there with just 2 or 4 people. Too many courses and you are filled up before you are halfway through the meal.

Lawn Club would most definitely be our choice! It was so much fun, we went twice on Silhouette! We found Qsine to be too much food, poor waitress didn't help, but just wasn't enjoyable for us.

Lawn Club food was great, wait staff far better and very interactive with the guests, how cool to have a grilled steak on top of a beautiful ship in the middle of the ocean while watching the sun go down..... It doesn't get a lot better than that for a vacation!!! Enjoy!!:)

It also depends how many people there are in your party - qsine is more fun with a big group to pick a few different dishes and ask for only a couple of each

When we did the lawn club grill - I was definitely won over - we were the only people in - nice for my husband to book out the entire restaurant! no really we were the only ones there so we never got to see the real atmosphere

Saying that, we had fun putting on the aprons, making the flat bread, choosing the meat, grilling with the chef

I have to pick lawn club grill

Love eating outdoors

Totally disagree regarding Qsine being more fun with a group; is just as good (or better) dining there with a party for two. People seem to think that because the presentations are "fun" that one must order everything (or most things) on the menu or will "miss out" and hence why so many think it is better as a group. Just pick 2-4 dishes each (based on your appetite) that you think you'll like best when dining as a couple and do not worry about missing something any more than you would feel you are missing the lamb if you order the turbot at Murano - every time one dines out one makes choices regarding what to order, what to take a pass on (excluding tasting menus). Many of the dishes at Qsine are small to begin with - and then have several small parts within the dish, so sharing with more than two can be very awkward. Some dishes (i.e. the meatballs) are better for larger parties (as there are three different ones and each is massive), but most servers at Qsine will have the kitchen modify the order upon request so that even these can be perfect for a party of two (i.e. picking the meatball you think you'd like best and just receiving one instead of three). Qsine works just fine as a couple or as a group - there are advantages and disadvantages to both - just like at any restaurant.