Barcelona city to port distance

calgal729

Never having been to Barcelona before, I'm wondering how far is the city center to the port? Just wondering if it is close enough so we can stay in the city the night before the cruise or if we should consider a hotel close to the port, and if we stay in the city, how much time we should allow to get to the port. Thanks.

I would add that DW and I have often walked between the port and the Ramblas (about a 25 min stroll). Not sure the taxi fare is as low as 10 Euro anymore since I believe they are now allowed to charge an add-on charge (used to be 2.10 Euros) for just dropping passengers at the port.

As far as hotels, we suggest not being concerned about the port distance, but rather choose your hotel based on its location within the city. For example, we love staying at the Hotel Colon (an older European style hotel) because it is located right in the heart of the Gothic District (across the street from the Cathedral) and only a short walk to the Ramblas...which is the heart of the city.

Hank

I agree about the taxi fare. Just a few weeks ago we went from Hotel Jazz to the port. The meter showed something like 12 Euros when we got to the port, then the driver added some surcharge and it jumped to 18 Euros. The ride took 10 to 15 minutes.