All inclusive questions

cruise questions

I have done a lot of searches on this board but am still confused. We will be in Cozumel in February from 1:00pm-10:00 pm. I read about Mr Sanchos and Playa Mia Day trip for all inclusive but they close at 5:00. Would it be worth getting off the ship, taking a taxi to either of those but having to leave at 5:00?

Carnival has the excursion, All Inclusive Chankanaab Beach Day. However I read on some of the posts here that it is not really all inclusive-what does that mean? Does it include food and alcoholic drinks?

Anyone done the Carnival Deluxe, Sail, Snorkel and Beach party lately? From my understanding, that includes margaritas and beer but no food?

Basically, we are two adults who would like a beach and/or pool (but not necessarily both) with unlimited included alcoholic drinks. Food is a perk but not necessary.

Any input or other suggestions?

When do you cruise and where from? :confused:

Coz is on central time and Mexico adjusts for daylight savings on different dates from the US -- if you are cruising in the spring from the east coast ship time could be 2 hours different from Coz time -- meaning your 1:00PM arrival would be at 11:00 local time! :cool:

I would also email both Nachi and Mr. Sanchos to see if they will be staying open later to accommodate your ship arrival time.

I was in Cozumel in May on the Carnival Victory those hours. Depending on how many alcoholic drinks you want, the AI still may be worth it. We were 4 people and we did the pay as you go side since the AI would have costs us $200. We had a bucket of beers and a few frozen drinks and the bill was about $40. We didn't have any food.

If you are 2 people and plan on having quite a few drinks in the hours you are there then it may be worth doing the AI so this way you can grab some food too. The Coconut Shrimp there are delicious and it is ALL YOU CAN EAT, off the menu. So nachos, shrimps and a few other pickies can go a long way with all that alcohol :)

When we were there they did stay open until Sunset for late arriving ships but I have heard since then they have stopped that and now close at 5pm. They have a Facebook page so maybe you can send them a message and see what time they close when you are there.

Enjoy your cruise and Mr. Sanchos if you go.

Oh wow, I did not think about the time change. The cruise is from Miami in February. Miami is EST so does that mean it would arrive at noon Cozumel time? That may be worth the trip to Mr Sanchos, right?

Well, you will be one hour ahead; in 2014 the US springs ahead in March (Mexico not until April 6th). So you'll be in port from noon on Coz time. Good luck! :)

Oh wow, I did not think about the time change. The cruise is from Miami in February. Miami is EST so does that mean it would arrive at noon Cozumel time? That may be worth the trip to Mr Sanchos, right?

I would DEFINITELY visit Mr. Sanchos! I went there with a party of 6, after 4 of them did the dolphin swim in the morning. There was plenty of time to enjoy the time at Mr. Sanchos.

The beach was fantastic, food awesome, and drinks a plenty! Not sure if I could make the ship if I spent the whole day there.:eek:

Go and enjoy!

That is correct, you will have until 6pm ship time there (5pm local time). I think you should do the math and figure out what makes sense to you. It's $50 pp for all inclusive. Or, drinks are about $5 each and food is about $6-$8 each. I was there in October with 3 friends on the Imagination. We had the same hours as you. We ate lunch on the ship then got off right when we were able to. We took a cab to Mr. Sanchos right away. We did the pay as you go. The beach is beautiful and so is the resort. We enjoyed resting on lounge chairs in the sun, swimming, meeting people, eating, drinking, etc. We also used the free wifi (just ask the manager) to connect with home. We spent $90 plus tip for 4 of us. If we did AI we would've spent $200. We drank Sol beer all day long and ordered 2 appetizers to share. We ate dinner on the ship later that night.

You will need to consume approx. 10 drinks each to make AI worth your while. Or 8 drinks and eat some food. You will have about 4.5hrs there. For some it's worth it, for others it's not. Keep in mind you're there right b/w meal times so you might not eat much.

I was in Cozumel in May on the Carnival Victory those hours. Depending on how many alcoholic drinks you want, the AI still may be worth it. We were 4 people and we did the pay as you go side since the AI would have costs us $200. We had a bucket of beers and a few frozen drinks and the bill was about $40. We didn't have any food.

If you are 2 people and plan on having quite a few drinks in the hours you are there then it may be worth doing the AI so this way you can grab some food too. The Coconut Shrimp there are delicious and it is ALL YOU CAN EAT, off the menu. So nachos, shrimps and a few other pickies can go a long way with all that alcohol :)

When we were there they did stay open until Sunset for late arriving ships but I have heard since then they have stopped that and now close at 5pm. They have a Facebook page so maybe you can send them a message and see what time they close when you are there.

Enjoy your cruise and Mr. Sanchos if you go.

I read this after my reply. I swear it's almost like we were in the same group of 4....

Thanks so much for all the input! Once you specified the number of drinks to make the all inclusive worthwhile, I'm not sure it would be worth it to do the all-inclusive for us. I do like the idea of just paying one lump sum for the all inclusive and not having to worry about 'paying as you go' but I'm not sure we could eat/drink that much! We are not as young as we used to be and are leaving our kids at home this cruise so while the all inclusive sounds like a good idea now, not sure how much we can really intake these days, ha!

On another note, has anyone done the Carnival Deluxe, Sail, Snorkel and Beach party lately? Just wondering how something like that compares to Mr Sanchos or Nachi?