Beverage package - how to get the most out of it

We went for the beverage package since we felt we are about borderline with how many drinks we usually drink vs. the ability to try new drinks, have our after dinner espresso and cordials included, drink fresh oj and take water bottles off the ship on excursions.

It would be nice to have drinks for the beaches, etc rather than pay for these there.

Has anyone had drinks made up at bars and taken them off the ship to the beach in thermos or similar bottles? I think this would add to the benefit of the all inclusive package.

May sound cheap, but the package was expensive and as I stated above, we are borderline with thinking we should take it.

Thanks

Barbara

I guess this question really revolves around "How much alcohol does one drink in a day"

DW & I are not big consumers of alcohol, but we do enjoy it now & then in moderation, just our personal preference, and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

On the Celebrity Millenium cruise (Hawaii to Sydney) this is a list of what we consumed each day (sometimes it varied)

Cafe - one latte each per day.

Masthead Bar (overlooking the swimming pool) - one beer for me, and one cocktail to DW.

Dining Room - Our wine waiter told us not to buy a glass of wine, but to get a bottle of wine (much cheaper) - we found that we consumed only 1/2 bottle with dinner, and our lovely wine waiter would store the remaining wine in their fridge, for us to consume the following night.

Our favourite wine was Clifford Bay Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand, and I also enjoyed a very nice Rose from Spain, I think it was called Rosato?

Other than water a lot of places restrict what can be taken off the ship. Not totally sure about drinks. If you do want to take drinks off the ship you are either going to have to get them the night before or wait till the ships bars open at between 10-11 am depending on the cruise line. As we prefer to be out and about early in the morning it just wouldn't work for us but it might for you.

I just can't imagine taking alcohol off the ship, in plastic bottles or containers, eg thermos.

When we disembarked at various Tahitian/Fijian ports on our last cruise with Celebrity, we were so busy sightseeing, shopping, etc. I think it was at Papeete, we found a very restaurant not far from the ship terminal, with micro brewery (made beautiful boutique beers), then at Bora Bora after our shore excursion, we wandered around the clothing stalls close where the tender boats took us back to the ship, heaps of temporary clothing stalls, but I came across a little shop, which sold Hinano beer, tahitian beer, so we sat down under a palm tree away away from the maddening crowd and enjoyed the beer. I found the cost of beer etc on shore to be cheaper than on the cruise ship.

You should be able to do this, but will it be too much trouble for you?

If you have to get the drinks the night before, you will want a drink without any carbonation. Ice will melt and water down the drink.

Your best bet might be getting a few shots, keeping them in the thermos overnight, and adding juice in the morning.

Check to see if your cruiseline prohibits removing beverages from the ship first.