"Live from" Queen Elizabeth to the Mediterannean! My First Cunard Experience

lovely_serenity

Which year. Sarah delightful though it is to see your family holiday snaps please be more selective with your pics. We know what a glass of iced water looks like. We know what a bowl of soup looks like. We dont need to see snaps of more half eaten food which by the way is disgusting and repulsive. If you were to show us more pics of the places your visited or more of scenes from the ship they would be much appreciated. But not another cup of coffee. Once again we know what that looks like. I suggest that next time you reduce the size of the pics a lot more. They do not need to be the size they are now. Smaller would be better thank you. That would spare many of us with slow connections. And you might want to take a course in photography first. That way more of your snaps will be level and correctly exposed. At present your excellent camera is wasted on family snaps. You have the makings of a fine photographer dont waste that. Now with exams almost over and you leaving school I expect youll finish this project before the first birthday of you starting. Thank you for the well written and often entertaining text. Thank you for many but not all of the pics. But please get to the conclusion. Youve got a whole life ahead of you. Many of us havent. Thank you.

Cheers.

This is downright rude. sfb - please don't read this thread if you do not like it. I happen to be enjoying myself immensely, except for, of course, the occasional rude comments.

Sarah - ignore them. This is YOUR review. Please do it your way.

This is downright rude. sfb - please don't read this thread if you do not like it. I happen to be enjoying myself immensely, except for, of course, the occasional rude comments.

Not rude at all - just telling it the way it is.

Thanks, though I will try to see it as constructive criticism .. I don't think it will do much to change how I do things :/

Sarah - I have also enjoyed your excellent photos and review. It is a lovely reminder of our own cruises onboard QE. We love seeing all the photos including the food, drinks etc and I am certain many more agree. This said, we live in a democratic society and sometimes, albeit reluctantly, have to learn to tolerate those around us. It is very sad that there are many rude posters on this forum that love to bitch and pick a word fight - if they don't like it - don't read it - simples. The mods monitor this forum in particular as it holds the crown for mud slinging.

I wish you well with your future studies and look forward to reading the remainder of your review

Wow there are some really grumpy people around this forum.

I first came across Sarah's trip reports on the HAL forum and I for one appreciate the time and effort she has put into this. Complaining about the time she takes to post, and then what she does post, in my mind seems to be more than a little nasty. This is something she is doing for herself and her family and it's just a plus point that she feels able to share her family trips with all of us.

How can anyone complain about something that costs them nothing compared to the time its costing Sarah and as for suggesting she goes on a photography course ...words fail me over that condescending remark !!! If you don't like it don't read it ...

ok now i've had my little rant I'd just like to thank sarah for her excellent work on this ...keep it up and keep up the academic standards too x

I first came across Sarah's trip reports on the HAL forum and I for one appreciate the time and effort she has put into this. Complaining about the time she takes to post, and then what she does post, in my mind seems to be more than a little nasty. This is something she is doing for herself and her family and it's just a plus point that she feels able to share her family trips with all of us.

How can anyone complain about something that costs them nothing compared to the time its costing Sarah and as for suggesting she goes on a photography course ...words fail me over that condescending remark !!! If you don't like it don't read it ...

ok now i've had my little rant I'd just like to thank sarah for her excellent work on this ...keep it up and keep up the academic standards too x

I so grateful for this post. It states exactly what I would and have wanted to say for quite a while.

Sarah, I am enjoying this post because of your very intentional approach and dedication despite certain replies. Please stay on course and most importantly remember this fabulous journey with your family

Thank you for understanding! I really appreciate it

You're welcome. Every generation faces challenges, but the one consistent is the value of education. I wish you all the best in that pursuit.

BTW, I followed your invitation (in your signature) to visit your website http://sarah-travelsblog.tumblr.com/about

Best wishes on your academic career, and I hope that you enjoy your senior prom. And to quote the song, made popular by Lee Ann Womack:

"I Hope You Dance"

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,

You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,

May you never take one single breath for granted,

GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance..."

Writer(s): Mark Daniel Sanders, Tia Sillers

Best wishes,

Salacia

I so grateful for this post. It states exactly what I would and have wanted to say for quite a while.

Sarah, I am enjoying this post because of your very intentional approach and dedication despite certain replies. Please stay on course and most importantly remember this fabulous journey with your family

Ditto. I see a lot of things of threads/posts on this forum that aren't of interest to me. I've seen "live from" reports that don't address the specific aspects of a voyage that I am interested in. I simply skim over them or don't read them and move on with my life.

I have really enjoyed your food photos - nice to have a visual of some of the dishes I have thought about ordering but wasn't sure about (including the spa dishes where I wonder if I will be starving a couple of hours later!).

As a previous poster stated, you have shown an incredible amount of maturity throughout this. Keep it up! As the recent responses have shown, many of us are enjoying this.

Sarah - I have also enjoyed your excellent photos and review. It is a lovely reminder of our own cruises onboard QE. We love seeing all the photos including the food, drinks etc and I am certain many more agree. This said, we live in a democratic society and sometimes, albeit reluctantly, have to learn to tolerate those around us. It is very sad that there are many rude posters on this forum that love to bitch and pick a word fight - if they don't like it - don't read it - simple. The mods monitor this forum in particular as it holds the crown for mud slinging.

I wish you well with your future studies and look forward to reading the remainder of your review

maitai999, thank you very much for your kind words. I am very happy to hear that you enjoy reading my review! It has been my pleasure. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, though sometimes it's not pleasant.

Thank you once again, I will keep working hard!

Sarah - I am really enjoying your thread. I do wish our daughter (now 20) had taken the time and trouble to write about her trips on the QV and QE when she was in high school. Keep up the good work!

I'm very glad to hear that! Oo, did you take her on a lot of your vacations? && thank you!!

It has been my pleasure (: Thank you very much for your support, I really appreciate it. I will continue to do my best!!

I am very happy that you are enjoying my report! Thank you, I will do exactly that :)

You're welcome. Every generation faces challenges, but the one consistent is the value of education. I wish you all the best in that pursuit.

BTW, I followed your invitation (in your signature) to visit your website http://sarah-travelsblog.tumblr.com/about

Best wishes on your academic career, and I hope that you enjoy your senior prom. And to quote the song, made popular by Lee Ann Womack:

"I Hope You Dance"

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder,

You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger,

May you never take one single breath for granted,

GOD forbid love ever leave you empty handed,

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean,

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens,

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance,

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance.

I hope you dance....I hope you dance..."

Writer(s): Mark Daniel Sanders, Tia Sillers

Best wishes,

Salacia

Thank you very much Salacia (: Haha, you found that?

&& Thank you, I will! :)

p.s. very nice song ~

Ditto. I see a lot of things of threads/posts on this forum that aren't of interest to me. I've seen "live from" reports that don't address the specific aspects of a voyage that I am interested in. I simply skim over them or don't read them and move on with my life.

I have really enjoyed your food photos - nice to have a visual of some of the dishes I have thought about ordering but wasn't sure about (including the spa dishes where I wonder if I will be starving a couple of hours later!).

As a previous poster stated, you have shown an incredible amount of maturity throughout this. Keep it up! As the recent responses have shown, many of us are enjoying this.

Haha, I'm glad you enjoy my trip report! I think it's helpful for people to see what they have in store for them beyond the menu! The visual and taste are never reflected, simply by the words provided.

Thank you very much! I'll do my best so that everyone who likes it, can enjoy it! :)

Mom and Sis ordered the Chilled Banana Soup:

14163656637_6d14625005_b.jpg

Which wasn’t bad!

And Dad got the Crostini alla Napoletana with Mozzarella, Basil and Tomato:

14327010816_a162a4d38c_b.jpg

Which was basically just bread with cheese and tomato? Eh?

While we waited for more food, I took pictures of random things:

14163495178_3acde88b09_b.jpg

14163470229_40b4e56565_b.jpg

Ah! Finally! :) Sis and my entrée! It was the Linguine with Smoked Salmon in Light Cheese Sauce with Spring Onions and Chive:

14163494738_7672ee9c73_b.jpg

This was pretty good! (Note: Hot food + smoked salmon = cooked salmon).

Mom got the Chorizo, Coriander and Mint Crusted Cod Fillet with Warm Cabbage Slaw and Sweet Chili Mayonnaise:

14348557692_7a643ffc62_b.jpg

Which wasn’t bad either.

Lastly, Dad got the California Burger with Melted Cheese, Avocado Dip and Bacon Crisps:

14350150905_f06688eee8_b.jpg

This one was actually quite delicious! :D

Then, it was time for dessert!

Dad and I got the Chocolate Opéra with Vanilla Cream:

14163478739_6667b5751f_b.jpg

14350167125_d8c2066277_b.jpg

Which we were both very disappointed in. The middle layers of sponge cake were wet ..

Sis got the Jam Roly Poly with Custard:

14349300094_b24706cc63_b.jpg

That was actually pretty good!

While Mom opted for the Almond Lemon Tart (from the Royal Spa Selections):

14163670497_97820878c1_b.jpg

Which was just okay.

After lunch, we headed back to our staterooms to relax for a bit. While I was walking, I noticed the carpet trick I had read about on CC! Apparently the hallways on port and starboard had different coloured strips to help you remember which was which!

Blue: Right side: Starboard

14163553080_d96d4698e5_b.jpg