If you were mega rich...

dmarie1623

If I had more money than I knew what to do with, I can honestly say I would never sail on Carnival or any other mass line ever again. But then I would also probably sail less than I do now and would take some very exotic land vacations with stratosphere prices. :D

Posts like this really irk me. You have been on two cruises. Both of them with Carnival. When you at least try another cruise line........THEN say you will only go with Carnival. You have no idea what you are missing. Open minds and trying different things is the spice of life.

It is like saying NOPE....I only like Cheerio's and that is what I am going to eat for the rest of my life.:eek:

I'm sorry to have "irked" you, but it's how I feel. I like the feel of a Carnival ship. I like the crowds. So please don't try to tell me I NEED to live outside the box. And lastly, just because you only see TWO cruises in my signature, don't assume that I've only been on TWO cruises.;) Some people on here have been on 50 cruises and you don't see ONE in their signature. Just worry about yourself and don't worry about me. If you prefer Cunard and Celebrity, don't let the door hit you on the way out.;)

If I had the powerball winning #'s, I would have already sailed my last CCL cruise. Also would say goodbye to the other mass lines like RCCL, Celebrity, Princess, NCL, etc.

I would say hello to Paul Gaugin, Regent, Silver Seas, The World.

Wait, I'm checking my powerball #'s now for last night's drawing, wait, wait, hey can I get on that rowboat?

Edited by evandbob

It would be interesting to see how this thread would go if it were posted in the Cunard forum.

If you'd like you can post it over there. I'd feel uncomfortable as I've never sailed on that line. It would be interesting to read their responses as well.

If you'd like you can post it over there. I'd feel uncomfortable as I've never sailed on that line. It would be interesting to read their responses as well.

I've spent a bunch of time on that forum. I have yet to cruise Cunard but a TA on the QM2 is something I hope to do in the next year and a half. I'll refrain from posting this question there since quite a few of those folks have bank accounts in much better condition than mine lol

Now, I am dreaming. The RV with the double or triple slide-out with a fireplace huge flat screen TV, beer on tap and a wine bar. I would need a chauffeur to drive across American to see some of the most amazing views along the coast, along with National Parks. I would plan a RV trip across Canada and a few other countries. I am good with one cruise per year, two at the most. My extra money is for time on land or road, experiencing things for days on end.

As I age, I need a more subdue setting than Carnival!

Amen!! Nothing against Carnival at all but would love some more plush travel on land and sea..... the wonderful unbelievable movie star like motor bus homes that come through here doing the parks..They are usually very polite drivers too ..the private ones the size of tour buses and many do have drivers..at midnite at my grocery store I met Bonnie Raitt when I first moved back,,thought twas just another well healed leaving the Park headed to the interstate!!..She was so polite and nice and talked to me because I was quiet and in shock and said I just have seen you 5 times in Portland, Oregon and met you here!!!! But no more pulling them around with anyone stressed about it and exhausted..trailer, fifth wheel or horse trailer with a cab in front for people..my dad got too tense..and well they would have to be beyond calm drivers..sarah

Edited by sjn911

I would buy a condo on the "WORLD" and travel, travel, travel on the seas 24/7....ahhhhhhhh what a dream.:o

This is exactly what I would love to do as well. May have to leave my husband on dry land occasionally though; he doesn't love cruising like I do.:rolleyes:

Pfffffft!

I'd be on Regent going to Tahiti.

Y'all remind me of the guy from Maine that won a huge powerball (tens of millions) and said that he was gonna go buy himself a new pickup truck. :p

Edited by halos

Fun thread!

I would definitely sail the more upscale, smaller lines that can get into more unique ports that aren't visited by the mass market cruise lines. Seaborn, Silversea, & Crystal Cruises. Yup! I'd make sure to do the "around the world" cruises on these ships.

I'd ALSO charter a yacht for a week or so in the Mediterranean every now and then. Thanks for asking!

Laura

I just don't know. I will cross that bridge when it happens.

Based on my current attitude, I might give up cruising all together with that 'fantasy' money. WHAT!?!?! Yep. You see the reason I cruise is because I hate to travel. I loathe it. I hate to drive, so after commuting for many years, I switched jobs just so I could be 5 minutes from home. On nice days, I walk to work. I can't stand to fly but it is the fastest mode from point A to point B.

But cruising IS traveling. Not for me. Cruising is getting the heck out of dodge and away from work for a while. To get away from the hustle and bustle of life with the added benefit of changing scenery and seeing new things. Therefore, cruising fills this bill - with minimal "travel". Yes, the ship is moving from A to B, but I don't see that as travel. Because to me, traveling means work - packing, unpacking; drive here, drive there; sit and wait, where to eat, etc. Cruising is not work, cruising is well, cruising. It is the easiest and best way I have found to rejuvenate so that I can continue to work at a job, clean house, etc. With an absurd amount of money, I won't have to do any of that anymore. Yep, I must just give up cruising and live life totally new with a completely different perspective all together.

Edited by ferfoodle

No.

I'm sure that a lot of people here really mean it when they say that they would continue cruising Carnival. But if they truly became filthy rich, their thought process would most likely change.

Think of how many rich or famous people cruise on Carnival. You just start experiencing the finer things in life and it's hard to go back. J-Lo sings of still being "Jenny from the block" but I bet she doesn't hang out at "the block" anymore.

Personally. My main reason to sail on Carnival is because of budget considerations, so taking that away means that I would have little reason to sail on them.

You make a valid point.

It's difficult to say what one would really do, though.

I think I'd lean toward a higher-end cruising experience than Carnival (heck, I've already done that) as well as other forms of travel, but I wouldn't want to go into an upper-crust stuffy atmosphere either. I can envision instances where being nouveau riche in such a setting might prove to be unpalatable.

Mega Rich?, you don't have to make a choice, I would do whatever I wanted to and travel where ever i wanted to......lol. I personally would prefer to cruise with my friends regardless of which cruise line we are on. There are many times when I am in port though and I see these mega yacht's coming by and my immediate thought is how I would love to have the opportunity to have that feeling of knowing I can sail when i want to and go wherever I wanted to.

jeff

Since Carnival owns so many different cruise lines I would stick with the Carnival company but probably would only cruise the more upscale lines. I loved my Carnival cruise but part of the reason was for the great value for the money. If I had lots of money I would no longer have to be concerned about getting a great deal I could just go for it!!!!

I would probably still sail Carnival, but I would certainly try all of the other lines too. I would love to take a Disney cruise, I love Disney, but I just can't bring myself to pay those prices. If money wasn't an issue I would definitely try them all!

I agree somewhat. I did my first and to date only DCL this yr and that alone was enough to say byebye CCL. We jumped on a last minute discount veranda sale and cruised three outstanding days compared to CCLs mediocre 7. We were amazed at almost everything and we have been cruising since we were 11. I learned then that it doesn't have to be a whole week to rock a vacation.

We got a 10% off voucher and booked the next one and I also got the rewards card and only had to put down $22 pp for deposit! PIF isn't until Feb and I already have over $300 more and I still have until May to build up reward dollars in addition to that! That Visa seriously pays off. Plus you can defer out any Disney trips six months same as cash. Not only did I book a cheaper off season, I booked in July with my discount and since then, the cruise has gone up over $100-180 per person! (Unlike other ships that they discount closer to sail to fill, DCLs tend to go up in price unless you happen to find a guarantee sale like we did after PIF.) Anyway you don't have to be mega rich to sail on Disney. Just gotta get creative. (And maybe a visa rewards card... :)

So anyway on the topic of this thread, we saw where a Saudi Prince is rumored to have chartered the entire Disney Magic. So I guess that is what mega rich people do... (Ahem sorry but I haven't heard of Saudi princes chartering an entire CCL but I'm sure that businesses and concerts etc do probably.) Must be nice to be a friend of his...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by TwinPrincessMermaids

For the original question, I would stay with CCL but also explore others. It is all about location, location, and location. The cruise line would depend on when and where it is going. The issue my bride of 29 years and I have is we have 2 dogs that are our children. We can not leave them for too long. A 6 month world cruise is out. I did price one a few weeks ago. 45K per person for it...of course that was a balcony...LOL

We have talked about "what if". Her answer is rent, rent, rent, not buying.

It is too expensive to keep up all the toys I would want. One has to remember, the filthy rich has income coming in yearly, not just 1 time.

I have already looked at prices to lease/rent a yacht for a few weeks, take family and friends on it. We have also talked about taking different friends at different times on cruises. Share the wealth sort of.

We also want to see the USA, so we would rent an RV with a driver. Fly by a leased program NETJET to the region we want to see and have the RV waiting on us at the executive airport. Private lease jet will be for even out of country locations as well. If too far, 1st class on a commercial liner if not too many lay overs. If an RV is not practical in the country, then a limo type vehicle with driver to show us around.

It is great to dream!!!!:)