I'm scared of Sunshine

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I've long suspected that.

Deliberately-negative rumours...trying to put people off

and/or make Carnival look bad.

I must be incredibly lucky

because I've never been disappointed on any of the ships I've cruised on.

It's easy to believe that some folks board their ship with a spiteful mind,

looking to pick pick pick on any little thing that isn't up to their unrealistic expectations of Heavenly

or what they perceive to be Heavenly. I don't get it.

Life is short. Enjoy it. Do so while there's still time ;)

Awesome post !!! So what you're saying is some people go on a ship and think that the cruise is going to be perfect??? "I paid all this money so it better be".....Ran into someone like that on Celebrity Reflection in March. Started a conversation with this couple while having lunch on The Porch. These folks kept going on about they had booked Conceierge Class and they didn't have there $12 bottle of Champagne in the room and they didnt have a pillow menu and on and on about things that in the overall picture did not matter. Talk to your steward make a call all will be fixed. We finally excused ourselves and left, shaking our heads all the way to the Sunset Bar :D to enjoy a frosty beverage and our cruise. Ran into this couple 4 days later....still complaining :eek: go figure...I think we've had 1 not so great cruise, not bad because if you're on the ship thats a good thing, And it wasn't even the cruise lines fault, really rough seas the whole 7 days. Can't wait to cruise on Sunshine next June.:)

Waiting to get off the Sunshine right now. Wonderful trip! Wish I could stay on for the next cruise. The food was great and with all of the options there was rarely a line to stand in for food even at peak times. Ship is beautiful. Any odors or buckets collecting water that I've read about was non existent.

Sent using the Cruise Critic app

We're in (ON) the same boat. Will be back on Carnival Sunshine in February. :)

Originally I booked Sunshine because I was so excited to try 2.0. Now after reading all the reviews that Carnival is just cheapening things and only seems to care about getting in your wallet, I am so sad, thinking I will no longer like my beloved Carnival. I mean things like taking away my free pre dinner sushi, fish and chips and live steel drums music are practically deal breakers for me. Then everyone says the food is not as good anymore (in an effort to get you to pay a surcharge for the restaurants with the better food, something I really hate). What's next, taking away my beloved melting cake? I don't think a few changes of 2.0 can make up for the things that are now gone. I am sure wishing I booked one of the pre conversion ships :(

I read the reviews but I throw out those that are really bad and complaining about everything and those that only mention the good and don't seem to have had a single thing that wasn't right. I just believe the middle of the road reviews. I would just go in with a positive attitude and don't worry about what others said. Food is very subjective so what I think is wonderful others might think is terrible. Some people are foodies and don't realize they aren't going to get food that is 5 star restaurant quality when they are serving so many people at one time. I have never gone hungry on a cruise ship and have never paid to eat at any of the extra fee restaurants.

Edited by Mysticks1

Go, enjoy, the Sunshine is a great ship. No one can say it does not have issues, yes there are buckets collecting water, BUT, there is no way that is going to stop me from having fun. The 3 Deck Serenity is the best improvement, usually can get a chair even on Sea Days.

We loved it so much that the day after we got back we cancelled our Cruise on the Dream and booked the Sunshine!!! To have 11 days on her with all those Sea Days sounds wonderful!!!. There are so many food options so if you don't like something you can always find something to eat that you do like. I am in the minority that enjoy PlayList, esp Epic, wow what a great show. I do the longer cruises where there are other shows also. Like everyone has already said, how can you really complain being on a ship having everything done for you, with no stress of the everyday world.

I don't think people are being negative for any reason other than their experience on board wasn't what they were expecting. So you can read the reviews but just remember everyone is different, most people who aren't happy with their experience write a negative review rather than the people who get off the ship happy. I also notice when one thing goes wrong that is usually it for them, it ruins their whole time on board instead of letting that go and enjoying the rest of the cruise.

We just got off Sunshine yesterday and loved every minute of it! Yes, my husband loves the fish & chips - but not having it on Sunshine did not affect his cruise. It's a beautiful ship with lots of great food options and we loved it!

Originally I booked Sunshine because I was so excited to try 2.0. Now after reading all the reviews that Carnival is just cheapening things and only seems to care about getting in your wallet, I am so sad, thinking I will no longer like my beloved Carnival. I mean things like taking away my free pre dinner sushi, fish and chips and live steel drums music are practically deal breakers for me. Then everyone says the food is not as good anymore (in an effort to get you to pay a surcharge for the restaurants with the better food, something I really hate). What's next, taking away my beloved melting cake? I don't think a few changes of 2.0 can make up for the things that are now gone. I am sure wishing I booked one of the pre conversion ships :(

I just read a review that also horrified me, from someone who sailed the trans atlantic. It seems the issues are not going away.

I immediately ignore anything not written based on personal experience - e.g. I heard or I read... Internet hearsay once removed, if you will.

Just off Carnival Sunshine and it was great! For the people who have a quota requiring some negativity to make a review credible, this one's for you! The coke machines ran out of change. Unbelievable! 10 years from now pretty sure that isn't going to matter. :p

I just read a review that also horrified me, from someone who sailed the trans atlantic. It seems the issues are not going away.

How long did you look for this negative review (I know you try hard to find them), having been on the ship, it looked fine to me? Actually that is not quite true. It looked great.

will be on the Sunshine Next Sunday Dec 1st out of NOLA and I cannot wait!! I won't be at work....I will be on a ship!

I won't be cooking dinner.....I will be served dinner!

I won't be watching TV on the couch....I will be watching entertainers performing live!

A cruise is what you make of it...and mine will be OFF THE HOOK!!!!! :D

Awesome attitude!! I will be on Sunshine in March 2014 and am looking forward to every aspect. I've only sailed the smaller Fantasy (?) class ships on Carnival.

will be on the Sunshine Next Sunday Dec 1st out of NOLA and I cannot wait!! I won't be at work....I will be on a ship!

I won't be cooking dinner.....I will be served dinner!

I won't be watching TV on the couch....I will be watching entertainers performing live!

A cruise is what you make of it...and mine will be OFF THE HOOK!!!!! :D

Fresh towels every day, someone else makes the bed, no dishes to do, room service (gratuity is nice),

There are a number of live entertainers. Epic Rock is an amazing show. Really enjoyed it. Comedians, etc. And good old fashion people watching.

CD Jaime is one of only 3 female CDs for Carnival and is pure energy! Very delightful.

Scared of a cruise ship? How does that happen?

Perhaps "scared" isn't the word you were looking for? English is such a complex language, there are so many good, descriptive words to use that actually convey what you're trying to express.

I've yet to meet a cruise ship that scared me! :p

We spent 28 days on the sunshine - venice to New Orleans. It was fantastic. The staff was cordial. The food good and Guys burgers hard to stay away from if you're a burger lover. The play areas are kids and big kids paradise. I loved the ship. The serenity, as big as it is still hard to get a lounger, but I can say that the crew did tag loungers for the 40 minute rule. It was a smooth ride all the way. I miss my cabin and all who took such good care of us.

The Sunshine is a wonderful ship. We enjoyed our 16 days TA. Yes, the plumbing issues continue to plague the ship. We saw buckets on our deck, Lido deck 9. As a matter of fact, on day 12, our friends had drips right outside their door and going in and out, we got some drips on our back or arms. It had been ok the first 11 days so the problems come and go???? Didn't bother us a bit. During our cabin crawl of over 10 cabins and several decks, did not see any other buckets in the halls although there may have been plumbing issues elsewhere. Just didn't go looking for it...lol.

The Sunshine has more food options than any other Carnival ship. Only missing the Jimmy C-Side that the Breeze has but has so many more other options that the other ships don't have.

We cruised with another couple who I had convinced to sail on Carnival for the first time. The husband kept looking for ways to complain.

Claimed he couldn't find watermelon. When I told him there were at the Salsa Bar, he said but there are no plates there. The Blue Iguana is right there and has plates so no the plates are not with the salsa and sides.

Next morning said there are no bananas. I pointed to where the Deli was and told him, they were there. "No, I didn't see any". I literally had to take him by the hand and show him the huge tray of bananas with all the other fruits. He only walked as far as where the bowls of cut fruits were.

Another time, his wife asked him to get her some chocolate chip cookies. He came back with a plate of peanut butter cookies because that is what he wanted. Told her there were no chocolate chip ones. I couldn't believe it as they are always so plentiful. So I got up and brought her back a plate of chocolate chip cookies. He said there weren't any when I went. Are you trying to make a liar out of me? I didn't dignify him with a yes. Just showed him the plate of cookies.

So there are people out there that are just looking for the negatives and can make up their own negatives...lol.

Go with an open mind and enjoy the Sunshine. She has a great CD in Jaime Dee. She will make it a fun cruise for all.:D