Italian restaurant on Sunshine

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

I have read many reviews on here stating that it was great. But I have also read a few that compared it to Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden. Personally I like both places but that's just me.

I think it's just a matter of opinion. If you are thinking about it just give it a try and see what happens.

Cucina on the Sunshine is good, not great. I would definitely compare it to Olive Garden/Macaroni Grill. For $12/person, it's really a great deal. There's plenty of food and while it probably won't be the best Italian you've ever had I don't think you will have anything to complain about.

It is all about what you are used too if you go to a ''real '' Italian that is high end you will be disappointed but if you judge it by chain restraunts standards you will be pleased . We liked the appetizers and the bread was very good and served with good spreads and roasted garlic. On a ship you judge things by that standard , it is hard to please many people from all parts of the U.S. and world . What you and I might think is good Italian others have very different ideas what is good.Would I say this is a great meal in say New York, south Phila. or San Francisco not likley but on a ship it will be good . The real question is it worth the extra $ to that we both think yes.P.S. We also liked the asian sell-up at the same price.

We were on the Breeze in September and went to the Italian restaurant once for lunch and once for dinner. The lunch menu is free. You pick your pasta, sauce and add ins. The dinner menu is totally different & $12/person. It was worth it. The beef short ribs were wonderful.

Anyone dined there? Was it good Italian or Maggiano's/Olive Garden (chain restaurant) Italian?

We have dined there on the Magic and the Breeze. For dinner, I would put it 1/2 step the two chains you have mentioned. It is a very nice evening, good food a little entertainment and as always on Carnival FUN. Try it. Let us know your thoughts when you get back.