Caribbean Princess still at dock

cjb137

That is interesting. I didn't think there was a lot of distance between the two port....but it must be enough :)

We enjoyed our day at Maya Chan in April but I guess it is too late for those on board to try to get reservations.

Oh, I bet their shore excursion folks are scrambling to provide something for the passengers...:)

Glad to hear the CB is on her way across the Gulf of Mexico. Does the ship pass "close by" any offshore oil rigs? I would love to get some pictures.

When we have taken cruises out of Galveston, the answer is they are visible from the ship, but it will be at night so all you can see are some lights.

Yes!

That's an awesome substitution in my book. Love it there and would bypass Coz any day for Costa Maya. Hope everyone is enjoying the change!

I agree. I've been to Cozumel many times and when I was there last February, it wasn't the same. If I were on an itinerary that stopped there, I might get off the ship to shop but otherwise, Cozumel has become beyond touristy. With the cruise piers built up, the town felt empty and sad. Even Pancho's Backyard was a letdown and not the same as it used to be. I'd much rather go to Costa Maya.

When we have taken cruises out of Galveston, the answer is they are visible from the ship, but it will be at night so all you can see are some lights.

We have sailed from Galveston many, many times. On the way out you will see the lights from the rigs, but on the way back the last sea day you will pass many of the deepwater (huge) rigs during daylight hours. DH is in the oil business and for him that last sea day is probably the most interesting day of his cruise. He always takes his binoculars so he gets a good look at the rigs.

I'm almost positive the bridge cam stated Bound for Belize last night but now it says Bound for Cozumel. Maybe they are going in circles ;)

On marine traffic they have been going in circles not far (about 12 nmiles) from Belize where the Carnival Glory and Norwegian Dawn and Jewell are tendering. It looks like the Dawn may be leaving so maybe the CB is waiting for the clearing before anchoring and starting tendering.

You're right, I saw it too. Been watching as I'm sailing in January and picked this cruise mainly for the itinerary. I'd be disappointed if we had to skip Belize and Roatan.

Me as well. I'll be awfully upset if I don't get to zip in Honduras :eek: