New Captain's Club Program

gimletgal

Hi folks. I have read all of the posts out here and have come up with the following "gathered information". This appears to be what the final new program will give us. :) (Subject to change, of course!)

New Captain’s Club Program – 11/25/2013 (?)

Preview Tier = 0 Points

Access to CC Loyalty Desk + CC newsletter

Classic = 2 – 149 Points

Access to CC Celebration event + onboard premium offers

Select = 150 – 299 Points

All benefits of Classic + discounted internet and laundry service specials

Elite = 300 – 749 Points

Includes complimentary internet & laundry services + CC cocktail hour

Elite Plus – 750 – 2999 Points

Includes additional beverage & specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200 minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith = 3,000 + Points

Includes complimentary beverage package, access to exclusive Michael’s Club Concierge lounge, complimentary laundry, priority seating in theater.

Ways to earn:

IN/OV – 2 pts. Per night

Veranda – 3 pts. Per night

CC/AQ – 5 pts. Per night

Sky/AQ/Century Suite – 8 pts. Per night

Celebrity, Signature, Royal suite – 12 pts. Per night

Reflection/Penthouse – 18 pts. Per night

Conversion from old program: 30 points given per existing cruise credit

Old program gave points as follows:

Sailing w/Celebrity = 1 point

Itinerary of 12+ nights = 1 point

Sailing in CC, AQ, or Suite = 1 point

Total credits available (each sailing) = 3 points

Old Tiers:

Classic = After 1st sailing

Select = 5 – 9 credits

Elite = 10 + credits

Not sure if this helps or just "muddles" the situation!

Hi folks. I have read all of the posts out here and have come up with the following "gathered information". This appears to be what the final new program will give us. :) (Subject to change, of course!)

Preview Tier = 0 Points

Classic = 2 – 149 Points

Elite = 300 – 749 Points

Includes additional beverage & specialty dining discounts, complimentary 200 minute internet package, cappuccinos, lattes, and more.

Zenith = 3,000 + Points

Includes complimentary beverage package, access to exclusive Michael’s Club Concierge lounge, complimentary laundry, priority seating in theater.

Ways to earn:

IN/OV – 2 pts. Per night

CC/AQ – 5 pts. Per night

Old Tiers:

Select = 5 – 9 credits

Elite = 10 + credits

This is good.

We found out we had exactly, 750 points.

Guess you could say we just "squeeked" by

and, made "plus". :rolleyes:

As I was toggling through the Captain's Club sailing history --- trying to grab a quick view of my status --- it said I had 265 points. And was Elite, which we have been mainly due to our RCCL Diamond status.

It awarded me 30 points per credit (we had 8), then awarded me a 25 point bonus. It stated that since during the conversion you were so close to the next level we awarded you the bonus points to get to the next level (which was equal to where we were).

This math would tell me :

1) Elite starts at something between 240 and 265, or,

2) We are "grandfathered" into Elite with less than 300 points so that no one loses the status they already had.

Also raises an interesting issue with the reciprocity with RCCL --- will Diamond + be granted Elite + ?? Pinnacle = Zenith ?

mac_tlc

As I was toggling through the Captain's Club sailing history --- trying to grab a quick view of my status --- it said I had 265 points. And was Elite, which we have been mainly due to our RCCL Diamond status.

It awarded me 30 points per credit (we had 8), then awarded me a 25 point bonus. It stated that since during the conversion you were so close to the next level we awarded you the bonus points to get to the next level (which was equal to where we were).

2) We are "grandfathered" into Elite with less than 300 points so that no one loses the status they already had.

Also raises an interesting issue with the reciprocity with RCCL --- will Diamond + be granted Elite + ?? Pinnacle = Zenith ?

mac_tlc

That would be my guess too - because of your Diamond status with RCCL you are "automatically" Elite w/Celebrity! :)

I'm getting the impression that the reciprocity only goes as far as Elite/Diamond status - same as the old program.

Great that you were given bonus points, but I'm not sure how/why because they really didn't affect your status. Maybe just to help to get you to Elite + sooner???? :D

Preview Tier = 0 Points

Classic = 2 – 149 Points

Elite = 300 – 749 Points

Zenith = 3,000 + Points

Ways to earn:

IN/OV – 2 pts. Per night

CC/AQ – 5 pts. Per night

Old Tiers:

Select = 5 – 9 credits

Elite = 10 + credits

:D Your right on!!!! Talked to a family friend who works for Celebrity last night. She told us new tiers will be rolled out Monday morning, and go into effect the same day. :D

It will take much longer to reach each level with the new system.

Yes it will and that is what many of the Elites under the old program asked for. They complained that it was too easy to become Elite and wished that it was more difficult - well sometimes they get what they wished for, but still are not happy.

mac_tlc

Elite starts at 300. I'm the same (with the same verbiage), but on my tier status it stills says Select. I will need one more 35 point cruise to become Elite.

Great that you were given bonus points, but I'm not sure how/why because they really didn't affect your status. Maybe just to help to get you to Elite + sooner???? :D

From all the posts on the other threads, it looks like they gave bonus points to those very close to becoming Elite. We still have to take the cruises, in my case 1 in concierge) to actually become Elite. I haven't read that anyone was given bonus points that actually put them up to the next tier. They did not give bonus points for those going from Elite to Elite+ or Elite+ to Zenith, as far as I have read.

My example was 8 points x 30 = 240 + 25 bonus points = 265. Still 35 away from Elite, which I will make on my next concierge class 7 day cruise. That was where I was before the new program, so it is fair that I stay there on the new program.

From all the posts on the other threads, it looks like they gave bonus points to those very close to becoming Elite. We still have to take the cruises, in my case 1 in concierge) to actually become Elite. I haven't read that anyone was given bonus points that actually put them up to the next tier. They did not give bonus points for those going from Elite to Elite+ or Elite+ to Zenith, as far as I have read.

My example was 8 points x 30 = 240 + 25 bonus points = 265. Still 35 away from Elite, which I will make on my next concierge class 7 day cruise. That was where I was before the new program, so it is fair that I stay there on the new program.

That makes perfect sense! They put you exactly where you would have been after your next cruise. I think that is very fair and equitable. I'm a few cruises away from making Elite+ but I am completely happy with the current Elite benefits so getting to the next level will just give me something to look forward to. :D Yes, it will take longer, but as you said earlier.....isn't that what many were asking for?

I am pleased that we will be able to keep our Elite status in Captains Club that we acquired by being at the Diamond level in RCCL's C&A program. With only 3 cruise credits on Celebrity, it'll be a while before we make it to Elite Plus even counting our 11 day veranda and 7 day Alaska suite we have booked. :rolleyes:

Well this is twice CC has cheated me when they switch systems. Time to start looking around again.

Cheated? Really?

It's a free program, in which they clearly state they can change the program at any time without notice.

How exactly were you cheated?

Harris

Denver, CO

Currently, I am select with 5 points (150 with new system) upcoming Dec. 14, 5 night cruise in AQ--add 2 points, under current system. ( 5 points per night = 25 points with new system)

current..7 points

new......175 points

March 2014, 15 night TA in AQ, current 3 points ( 75 points with new system)

current..10 points (elite on next cruise)

new......250 points (still need 50 points for elite status)

We are scheduled for a Baltic cruise following the TA. We thought we would be Elite on this cruise. That was my reasoning behind taking the quick 5 nighter in Dec(to get the two points).

Show customer loyalty, be rewarded...not so much. Will wait for official Celebrity word, if that ever happens, but may rethink our cruising plans.(looking at a European river cruise during same time frame. March/April 2014)

Cheated? Really?

It's a free program, in which they clearly state they can change the program at any time without notice.

How exactly were you cheated?

Harris

Denver, CO

How was I cheated?

Let's see first, the program didn't used to be free you had to pay to join and when the switched to free there was no consideration given to those of us who had paid.

Second, with the first change they decided there would be no extra credit for previous travel in suites.

Third, they have decided that I now have 300 points converting from the recent system. Using their new points method I should have 508.

So cheated? Yes several times.

Currently, I am select with 5 points (150 with new system) upcoming Dec. 14, 5 night cruise in AQ--add 2 points, under current system. ( 5 points per night = 25 points with new system)

current..7 points

new......175 points

March 2014, 15 night TA in AQ, current 3 points ( 75 points with new system)

current..10 points (elite on next cruise)

new......250 points (still need 50 points for elite status)

We are scheduled for a Baltic cruise following the TA. We thought we would be Elite on this cruise. That was my reasoning behind taking the quick 5 nighter in Dec(to get the two points).

Show customer loyalty, be rewarded...not so much. Will wait for official Celebrity word, if that ever happens, but may rethink our cruising plans.(looking at a European river cruise during same time frame. March/April 2014)

Exactly how I feel.

How was I cheated?

Let's see first, the program didn't used to be free you had to pay to join and when the switched to free there was no consideration given to those of us who had paid.

False. There was a credit offered of amount greater than what you paid. Maybe you didn't cruise in time to use it, but it was offered.

My status and cruise history have disappeared. In general, I'm not disappointed with the conversion of the old points as I probably will have lost nothing if I come back as I expect. However, I have a cruise booked starting in 6 days. Based on my CC cabin level I will not get as many "points" as I would have under the old system (60 versus 35). The conversion is happening so close to my cruise I have no option to change or cancel. Not really fair. It would probably be fair to allow people already booked (and past final payment) to continue to accrue under the old system before conversion.

Had I known I would not get the same credit for CC I probably would have spent less on a regular veranda since it's an S Class ship. Again, not really very fair but then someone said 'life is not always fair'. Will definitely not be booking CC anymore unless it's M-Class. The differential is not really enough.

Not complaining, but a little bummed. We just got off a 14 day cruise on Summit in Penthouse and apparently will only get 30 points instead of 18 X 14 or 252 points. Huge difference, would have helped on our journey to Zenith.....

Edited by Phxazzcruisers