Reykjavik over night parking at port?

chica

Assuming you are cruising in a 'biggish' ship (eg Celeb, RCI) you will almost certainly dock here at the green A.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Unknown+road&hl=en&sll=64.154752,-21.864338&sspn=0.005575,0.018861&geocode=FSfv0gMdqmOy_g%3BFe3w0gMdQWCy_g&t=h&mra=me&mrsp=1&sz=16&z=16

The area with the white hatches on, to the left of A, is a big car/coach park used by tour buses, private tours etc. I'm sure there were ordinary cars there too, so you should be able to park there. It is outside the security fence, but crime is pretty low in Iceland, so you should be OK. Try e mailing the tourist office...the building at B is one of the tourist offices, so they should know!

Simon

Edited by sddsddean
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
I have arranged a rental car for our 24 stop in port. Is there parking available at the port?

we did it last year and it was fantasic!! parking is right next to the ship and is free. its just a big piece of tarmac really but its how they do it.

We picked the car up after early lunch and ran the 24 hours from then (no point in us paying for the morning as we didn't dock till 11ish). this meant we could do the Geysirs etc in the afternoon/evening and then the following day we went to Blue Lagoon for the morning.

Cant tell you much this was the right thing to do (for us) - enjoy :-)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...