taking wine on board

cabinboy1945

We are planning on taking 2 bottles of wine on board with us to drink in the evening on our balcony. We have never done this before and would like some ideas on how to carry it without to much bother, as far as protecting them from breaking. Cheers!

You can hand carry it onto the ship. Or, buy a couple of the bottle protectors made of bubble wrap...and it will be safe in your luggage. They sell a "two pack" at Total Wine.

We are planning on taking 2 bottles of wine on board with us to drink in the evening on our balcony. We have never done this before and would like some ideas on how to carry it without to much bother, as far as protecting them from breaking. Cheers!

It all depends on when you will be embarking on your cruise. ;) After January 31st., 2014, ONLY ONE 750 ml bottle of wine per person, will be permitted! :(

Plastic bottles in your luggage. works everytime. Empty water bottles and fill with wine.

Are you doing this to prevent breakage or to sneak wine on board? I know they said a bottle each, but wondered if this was your suggestion to do after January 31.

Plastic bottles in your luggage. works everytime. Empty water bottles and fill with wine.

I found wine last year in the shopping area at Mahogany Bay in plastic bottles. I saved them for the longest time...such a good idea for traveling!

Edited by innlady1

I don't think I would want to try wine from a plastic bottle...... however, I recently found a very nice Australian chardonnay in a small box - but it is still a little over the new limit that HAL has implemented, at 1 litre.