Why would Diamond+ or Pinnacle want to cruise on Celebrity?

djjoe

It definitely makes sense to do it. The different lines all go to different places and at different times. If the option is between Celebrity or Carnival, based on date and itinerary, because RCL doesn't work, which would you prefer? I would rather get benefits than not

I haven't seen the "official" listing of the new benefits but I don't believe that Elite+ will be invited to Michael's Club. I think that's probably going to be for Zenith and certain categories of suite passengers.

Now there is an official listing on the website, and E+s are not invited to Michael's Club.

We cruise for both reasons. We love Royal and everything they have to offer. But we also love the loyalty program and the benefits we get at D+. We also do not care about traveling tons of places, we are beach people and therefore love the Caribbean.

We are cruising on Celebrity again this year but enjoy the fact that we are Elite there.

We have also cruised Princess and enjoy them.

Doubt we will try any other lines. B/t those 3, we pretty much can find any kind of cruise we want. That might change some day, but right now, we are happy with the 3 we have chosen to enjoy.

We have done 4 Celebrity cruises, last one October 2010, we were able to sample cruising as an Elite guest.

On X we didn't receive any gifts in the cabin whereas on RCI we can choose 3 and opt to have 3 bottles of wine delivered to the dining room or stateroom on cruises 7 nights or more.

That is a nice RCI perk:).

What 3 bottles of wine on a 7 night cruise? Am I missing something?

As one of the folks who were D+ when we first started cruising on X, I just wish that they had decided to extend CC/CA reciprocity beyond the Diamond/Elite level. Since X's new program is structured more like RC's, it would have been a fairly straight-forward process. Oh well....:rolleyes:

What 3 bottles of wine on a 7 night cruise? Am I missing something?

They most likely have over 525 points in which they would be entitled to 3 amenities on a 7 night cruise or longer.

Edited by Host Kewlguy

I really don't like that Celebrity seems to be turning Michael's their version of the Concierge Lounge, unless it's only exclusive for the evening social hours. On my last cruise on the Millennium I was in Michael's almost every night listening to good music while drinking good beer. There wasn't really any other venue that compared.

I really don't like that Celebrity seems to be turning Michael's their version of the Concierge Lounge, unless it's only exclusive for the evening social hours. On my last cruise on the Millennium I was in Michael's almost every night listening to good music while drinking good beer. There wasn't really any other venue that compared.

The bar just outside of Michaels usually has wonderful life music. It is not a loud venue, the drinks are great and the area is lovely. Perhaps that will work the two hours Michael's is not available.

Funny on our last Equinox cruise ( April 2013) we walked in to Michael's at some point most every night to see what was going on and each time we went it was empty - really empty, as we were the only one's who were there. We thought it was closed, but no,just empty!

M