Did Celebrity get it right - Captain's Club

ghstudio

I do not like the new program. I have a paid in full cruise for March which put me one cruise away from Elite. Now I have to do 3 more sailings to reach Elite.

I am not happy about that although I do enjoy my time on Celebrity..I only cruise Celebrity and Royal Caribbean.. I think at a mininimum 1 get the points for the paid for cruise. I paid it in full 6 months early...

This is the point I am trying to make. It was sold "book a concierge cabin and get an extra point". I haven't paid my full balance yet. I understand on new cruises, fine. But the fact is I booked believing I was getting something, which was sold to me, and now I'm not? Disgrace!

In order to remain loyal, you have to be loyal first. According to your own posts you have been on two cruises. The idea that someone would pay 1000 pounds more to become Select is mind boggling. Hopefully you booked the cruise because you enjoyed your first two cruises, but paying that much more to become Select doesn't seem reasonable.

We have cruised on other lines too. My parents usually join us and quite often they get invited to things that we don't as they are already on select - another reason for making our decision. To be honest what I decide to pay on my holiday is my business. The point I have been trying to make all along is that something was sold to me and now I'm not getting it. The cruise is costing us a significant amount of money, and I believe in getting what I paid for.

I hardly ever comment on "these" discussions, but some folks have really been rude to some Captain Club's reps. You can not like the new program if you want, (we all knew not everyone would be happy), but everyone can be cordial to folks they talk to. Remember, a lot of us ASKED for new tiers. I barely missed a higher tier myself, we got no extra points, but I will just keep sailing until I don't like it anymore.

OK, I am out of here. :)

Someone already mentioned this - but I do believe that it is true - it isn't just the perks - but the "feeling special" when you step onboard the ship - no matter what tier you might be. My first Celebrity cruise - I didn't even know there was a Captain's Club - or points - or Cruise Critic - or a roll call. It was the most STRESS FREE cruise I've ever had - because I was clueless. Yet I'd see these "groups" of people all together, laughing and having a great time and I could not figure out how they got that many of their friends to cruise with them. :o Yes - I'd like to be Elite - mostly for the free beverages :D:D - but if tomorrow they did away with it all - I'd still be cruising Celebrity.

Someone already mentioned this - but I do believe that it is true - it isn't just the perks - but the "feeling special" when you step onboard the ship - no matter what tier you might be. My first Celebrity cruise - I didn't even know there was a Captain's Club - or points - or Cruise Critic - or a roll call. It was the most STRESS FREE cruise I've ever had - because I was clueless. Yet I'd see these "groups" of people all together, laughing and having a great time and I could not figure out how they got that many of their friends to cruise with them. :o Yes - I'd like to be Elite - mostly for the free beverages :D:D - but if tomorrow they did away with it all - I'd still be cruising Celebrity.

Very well said, Jane. I feel the same way.

I totally agree... I love celebrity and believe it pips royal Caribbean due to the "feel special" factor from the glass of champagne as you board to the attention to detail in the restaurants and martini/ molecular bar. We are greatly looking forward to our next cruise around the Norwegian fjords. Just venting as for us it's not about getting to select... It's about getting beyond select to higher tiers is so much harder for those of us that weren't lucky enough to have the easy road option on the previous points scheme. I think its great that people feel so strongly about this one way or another... It shows there are a lot of people out their that care about the celebrity brand.