WOW Sale Dec 2-4,2013

PH8

I am wondering if the OP could post the link for the WOW Sale. We are Platinum, sailing Oasis Nov 30 - Dec 7, and plan on booking a 12 night cruise onboard, question is, how can we get the most "bang for our buck" with the WOW sale, or can we even use it while onboard? Thanks for the help. :confused:

You can use it while on board but as others have stated it cannot be combined with the on board booking bonus. It would depend on which cabin category you are booking as to which promo would give you the biggest bang for your buck.

I am wondering if the OP could post the link for the WOW Sale. We are Platinum, sailing Oasis Nov 30 - Dec 7, and plan on booking a 12 night cruise onboard, question is, how can we get the most "bang for our buck" with the WOW sale, or can we even use it while onboard? Thanks for the help. :confused:

I copied and pasted all the info.....no need for the link.

Thanks, for the info Ken. Thanks, Kathy, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I was also wondering how you know about the WOW sale? I checked the website but I didn't see it posted. Thanks again. Rhonda :)

If your upcoming 12 night cruise is in a balcony, then you will be better off booking with the "normal" on board perks that give you OBC and balcony discount. If your upcoming 12 night cruise is not in a balcony, then book using the WOW sale.

Note that if there's any chance you will change the sailing date or ship of your future cruise, then skip the WOW sale altogether. You lose the WOW OBC if you make changes.

I bought a next cruise certificate on my recent nov 18 cruise me and wife thinking of doing a b2b next nov 2014 could we use certificate for first cruise and wow sale for 2nd cruise?

Sure, they are two separate cruises, so you can book them differently.

I haven't taken advantage of RCI OBC before....what can it typically be used for?

Anything you purchase on board the ship, except for booking another cruise. Gratuities, drinks, excursions, spa, shops.

However, the booking confirmation will not reflect the reduced deposit amount due.

And in my experience it will show that you have to make the rest of that deposit payment TODAY, each and every day. If you're like me, that gets old really really fast.

And if you misunderstand, and think you can't cancel it (not quite sure why I thought that) and rebook with a different discount, you miss out entirely on booking with a Crown&Anchor certificate. Which would have been better. :(

This is only our second RCCL cruise, and it is over 10 years since the first one, and I've been annoyed that I booked a WOW promotion from the 3rd day after I booked it.

Oh and since I didn't believe it would charge the right deposit amount as I went through online, I called, and so I have big red letters saying that I can't make changes to my cruise online. That, too, gets annoying.

Basically if you want your account to look right and you don't want nonsensical and untrue warnings given to you every time you check your cruise, and if you have a low annoyance threshold, don't book with a wow promotion. :cool:

Hello

sorry a complete newbie and a lot of what has been typed has gotten lost in translation.

three questions

can australian/new zealanders take this to their travel agent on these days to get deal

can you cancel if need be (will of course have insurance)

can i take it up on this cruise 3/5/15 or 5/3/15 umm may 3 2015 for a repositioning tour

many thanks :-)

Hello

sorry a complete newbie and a lot of what has been typed has gotten lost in translation.

three questions

can australian/new zealanders take this to their travel agent on these days to get deal

can you cancel if need be (will of course have insurance)

can i take it up on this cruise 3/5/15 or 5/3/15 umm may 3 2015 for a repositioning tour

many thanks :-)

Unfortunately the offer is valid only in the US or Canada.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Thanks, for the info Ken. Thanks, Kathy, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I was also wondering how you know about the WOW sale? I checked the website but I didn't see it posted. Thanks again. Rhonda :)

Email from RCCL.

Can I ask something??

We have a sizeable refund from a cruise, that is going as a "credit" towards our next RCCL cruise booked before Jan 2015.

Can I use this deal and still have that credit applied to my total bill??

We also have a future cruise credit we bought on Oasis several years ago (3 I think)

I guess since it is only two "1 week cruises" we would only get the $100 back that we paid for it, but I think it needs to be used soon...

I was thinking of doing a b2b out of San Juan in January 2015.

Should I be trying this.

I usually use a travel agent, but had a lot of hiccups last time so I want to attempt it on my own this time around??

Thanks

Chass

Can I ask something??

We have a sizeable refund from a cruise, that is going as a "credit" towards our next RCCL cruise booked before Jan 2015.

Can I use this deal and still have that credit applied to my total bill??

We also have a future cruise credit we bought on Oasis several years ago (3 I think)

I guess since it is only two "1 week cruises" we would only get the $100 back that we paid for it, but I think it needs to be used soon...

I was thinking of doing a b2b out of San Juan in January 2015.

Should I be trying this.

I usually use a travel agent, but had a lot of hiccups last time so I want to attempt it on my own this time around??

Thanks

Chass

I'd read the terms on your credit to be sure, but you should be able to use a future cruise credit with the WOW sale.

Some additional FAQ

Q.Is the WOW Sale offer combinable with the NextCruise

offer?

What are onboard guests being offered

if they book on December 2, 3 & 4, 2013?

A.

Our onboard future cruise consultants are able to offer the WOW Sale on December 2, 3 & 4, 2013. Guests

will be able to choose whether to accept the NextCruise offer or the WOW Sale offer, whichever is more

beneficial to them. They will not be able to combine the offers to get both OBCs.

Q.

Is the WOW Sale offer combinable with Crown & Anchor® Society Savings Certificates or Crown &

Anchor Society Platinum and above balcony and suite discounts?

A.

The WOW Sale offer is not combinable with Crown & Anchor Society savings benefits; our Crown &

Anchor guests have the choice of applying the offer which is more beneficial to them.

Q.

Is the WOW Sale offer combinable with Future Cruise Credit (FCC) and Letter of Credit (LOC)?

A.

The WOW Sale offer is combinable with FCCs and LOCs as they are not promotional offers.

Q.

Is the WOW Sale offer combinable with restricted rates like reduced air promos, resident, senior and

military rates?

A.

The WOW Sale offer is combinable with standard and restricted rates such as Choice Air Specials,

Restricted Air Specials, Seniors, Residents, Military, and Police and Fireman, Family Pricing, and Upgrade

Promotion.

Q.

Can we pull an FIT WOW Sale booking into an existing group?

A.

The WOW Sale OBC cannot be brought into a group as the offer does not apply to group bookings. If a

guest prefers to be part of a group and benefits from the amenities available to the group, the OBC will

be removed and the deposit will need to be brought up to full deposit due.

Q.

Is the reduced deposit valid for 3rd and 4th guests?

A.

Yes, the reduced deposit applies to all guests in a booking.

Q.

What will be the hours of operation for Royal Reservations?

A.

The Royal Caribbean Reservations Team will be open from 9:00am to 11:00pm EST on December 2, 3 & 4, 2013.

Q.

Can the WOW Sale offer be booked through automation?

A.

Yes, our automated booking tools support the WOW Sale.

Q.

Will guests traveling alone in a stateroom get the WOW Sale offer?

A.

Guests traveling as singles paying the single supplement will receive the OBC for the stateroom and

reduced deposit for only one guest.

Q: When will the Onboard Credit be applied to qualifying bookings?

A:

At time of booking, the Onboard Credit will be automatically applied to qualifying reservations.

I have tried booking Wow before and the 1/2 deposit has never worked by booking online, can I make a 24 hour hold reservation on Monday and call to process the 1/2 deposit?

Yes, as long as you create the hold after the WOW sale starts, then this process would work fine.

My Travel Agent did a good job. She did the whole thing online during the WOW sale.

Took my bff off the booking and substituted her with TBA (to be announced).

Created a new booking for bff, also with TBA for the second passenger. This is the one with the obc.

Canceled my booking, and added me to hers, replacing her TBA.

I had to pay the deposit on the new one, but the canceled one refunded me the same amount, so I'm not out-of-pocket any extra money.

Now, my bff has money for evening drinks!

My TA told me the system shows a full deposit is due, but because of the WOW code being applied during the booking, it accepts 50% of that.

Edited by pcur

My Travel Agent did a good job. She did the whole thing online during the WOW sale.

Created a new booking for bff, also with TBA for the second passenger. This is the one with the obc.

I had to pay the deposit on the new one, but the canceled one refunded me the same amount, so I'm not out-of-pocket any extra money.

My TA told me the system shows a full deposit is due, but because of the WOW code being applied during the booking, it accepts 50% of that.

always a way around things..

always a way around things..

TA actually called RCCL last week and asked how to do it. They told her it was easier for her to do it online since they expected their phone lines to be jammed during the sale. Since the bookings are under two different names as Guest 1 (the primary guest on the booking), it wasn't a problem.

No clue why all that is necessary. Just make a normal booking.