Royal invited me to new york for macy's thanksgiving parade

mpoole3

I am worried about how cold it's going to be! I don't do well in the cold weather and being from Tennessee anything under 40 is COLD!

Michael

Thanks for sharing your news Michael, this is so cool! And speaking of, the weather looks like it will be rather chilly. Here's the latest:

AccuWeather predicts that Thanksgiving day will be dry with sunshine. However, winds from 15 miles per hour up to 40 miles per hour are expected.

“These winds will make it feel even colder than the afternoon high in the lower 30s,” it reported. “Parade-time temperatures will be around 30 F, but AccuWeather RealFeels® will likely be near 10 F.

Maybe consider bringing some hand warmers for your pockets, along with hats, gloves, scarves, wool socks, brrr! Oh, and a blanket or two to sit on/wrap up in! We moved from the SF Bay Area to Nashville and enjoyed over five years there- other than the cold winters.

And did you know that you are mentioned on RCI's website?!

Set sail with us in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

We're spending Thanksgiving in New York City and what better way to give thanks than to bring one of our most loyal fans and his family along for the ride? Follow our guest of honor's journey from Tennessee all the way to the Big Apple on Facebook and Twitter.

Tune in and watch for our float in the parade and stay tuned for a special Quantum announcement.

Enjoy the excitement of being at the parade, Broadway, and all of NYC!

Thanks for sharing your news Michael, this is so cool! And speaking of, the weather looks like it will be rather chilly. Here's the latest:

AccuWeather predicts that Thanksgiving day will be dry with sunshine. However, winds from 15 miles per hour up to 40 miles per hour are expected.

“These winds will make it feel even colder than the afternoon high in the lower 30s,” it reported. “Parade-time temperatures will be around 30 F, but AccuWeather RealFeels® will likely be near 10 F.

Maybe consider bringing some hand warmers for your pockets, along with hats, gloves, scarves, wool socks, brrr! Oh, and a blanket or two to sit on/wrap up in! We moved from the SF Bay Area to Nashville and enjoyed over five years there- other than the cold winters.

And did you know that you are mentioned on RCI's website?!

Set sail with us in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

We're spending Thanksgiving in New York City and what better way to give thanks than to bring one of our most loyal fans and his family along for the ride? Follow our guest of honor's journey from Tennessee all the way to the Big Apple on Facebook and Twitter.

Tune in and watch for our float in the parade and stay tuned for a special Quantum announcement.

Enjoy the excitement of being at the parade, Broadway, and all of NYC!

Thanks for pulling that info...I will admit I'm going back to the closet to pack more layers now that you posted feels like 10F I don't even know what that feels like or how to travel outside the Caribbean.

That's pretty cool they posted the story on the main website. I've known for around a week, but had to keep it quite for over a week.

I will also be featured in the next Adam Goldstein's Blog, with a recap of the trip.

Michael

Thanks for pulling that info...I will admit I'm going back to the closet to pack more layers now that you posted feels like 10F I don't even know what that feels like or how to travel outside the Caribbean.

That's pretty cool they posted the story on the main website. I've known for around a week, but had to keep it quite for over a week.

I will also be featured in the next Adam Goldstein's Blog, with a recap of the trip.

Michael

Michael

Dress in layers,that is the trick to staying warm. Have a wonderful time!! :)

We live in NYC, are D+, and were not invited!

Happy for you though, and hope you have a wonderful experience!!!

I think they wanted to bring someone to New York so it would be more exciting vs someone living there. :)

Thanks for all the kinda words from everyone.

Michael.

So around a week ago Royal tweeted about the parade/float and I said, "If there is room on that float let me know!"

They followed up with a tweet, "We may not be able to get you on the float, but we can get you pretty close. Can you send us a Direct Message?"

So of course I'm like hmmm... Where is this going? SO I sent them a DM and with my contact info and a few hours later I was on call with 5 people from Royal (social, marketing, ect.) about this great trip!

So my question was... "WHAT'S THE CATCH?!" & "WHY ME?!"

No catch! They just wanted to bring someone along with them for Thanksgiving. They are covering everything the entire trip for 4, so I'm bringing my brother, his BF, and my GF. Stuff like this just doesn't happen to me.

Note: A few years ago I did their very first "Royal Wow of the Week" which I was contacted on Twitter about, so we had some relationship already built.

Wow, that's very cool! So excited for you and your family!

I think they wanted to bring someone to New York so it would be more exciting vs someone living there. :)

Thanks for all the kinda words from everyone.

Michael.

You are most deserving, Michael. You're a wonderful CC representative, and you do the BEST reviews EVER! Have a great time, and Happy Thanksgiving.