Land Tour Excursions - there one day and the next have disappeared?

phabric

We are booked on a pre cruise land tour with Princess, August 18 starting in Anchorage.

The Land tour is Anchorage Aug 18, Mt McKinley (2 nights) Aug 19, 20, Denali (2 nights), Aug 21, 22 then to the cruise.

Saturday, I was able to book all my land tour excursions one for each day. They were all confirmed. When I went back on Sunday to check out more excursions, there was no excursions listed for August 19 at Mt McKinley. I had picked an excursion from 1-6:30pm, this is the day we travel from Anchorage by coach to Mt McKinley.

When I went to the Excursions section, the drop down section that lists all the ports and you click the port and date and the page with the port picture and at the bottom the list of excursions for that port are shown. They do not list August 19.

When I find the itinerary section, where it shows, date, port and on the right hand side, reserved with a tick mark and view excursions and you click on the view excursions and the excursions for that port show up. They do not have the section view excursions for August 19.

I called Princess to see what the problem was and to make sure am I on the excursion. She replied, I can see you are confirmed for all your excursions. Her reply was there must not be any other excursions available. But, if I look at the other ports, and check out an excursion, it would say there was space or non available or sold out. She said, if you cancel the excursion than it should show all the excursions. I don't want to take a chance to loose the excursion I picked.

I hope you can understand what I am saying?

Has anybody had this problem before?

Edited by phabric

I'm not sure I follow the story but check the cruise personalizer and you should see the excursions. If additional choices do not show now I wouldn't worry too much keep checking. In Denali make sure you upgrade to the Tundra Wilderness tour or if no tour was included check out the info on shuttles into the park. We did a land tour and other than Denali I didn't hear a lot of talk about excursions.

We are booked on a pre cruise land tour with Princess, August 18 starting in Anchorage.

The Land tour is Anchorage Aug 18, Mt McKinley (2 nights) Aug 19, 20, Denali (2 nights), Aug 21, 22 then to the cruise.

Saturday, I was able to book all my land tour excursions one for each day. They were all confirmed. When I went back on Sunday to check out more excursions, there was no excursions listed for August 19 at Mt McKinley. I had picked an excursion from 1-6:30pm, this is the day we travel from Anchorage by coach to Mt McKinley.

When I went to the Excursions section, the drop down section that lists all the ports and you click the port and date and the page with the port picture and at the bottom the list of excursions for that port are shown. They do not list August 19.

When I find the itinerary section, where it shows, date, port and on the right hand side, reserved with a tick mark and view excursions and you click on the view excursions and the excursions for that port show up. They do not have the section view excursions for August 19.

I called Princess to see what the problem was and to make sure am I on the excursion. She replied, I can see you are confirmed for all your excursions. Her reply was there must not be any other excursions available. But, if I look at the other ports, and check out an excursion, it would say there was space or non available or sold out. She said, if you cancel the excursion than it should show all the excursions. I don't want to take a chance to loose the excursion I picked.

I hope you can understand what I am saying?

Has anybody had this problem before?

The problem is that their system takes into account the excursion that you have already picked. It would appear that ALL the rest of the excursions for that day would conflict with the one you are confirmed on... ergo, they've disappeared. As the agent said, if you cancel the one you're on now, the others should reappear... I'm sure the system is built that way to prevent people from booking two different excursions at the same time.

Edited by RickEk

The problem is that their system takes into account the excursion that you have already picked. It would appear that ALL the rest of the excursions for that day would conflict with the one you are confirmed on... ergo, they've disappeared. As the agent said, if you cancel the one you're on now, the others should reappear... I'm sure the system is built that way to prevent people from booking two different excursions at the same time.

Is that unique to excursions on land tours? Because it's certainly not true for port excursions. I've got a couple of a Princess excursions booked for an upcoming cruise and they, as well as all the other options, still show up on the excursion page of the personalizer.

I have a excursion booked from 1-6:30pm for August 19. After booking for that date, I can no longer view any excursions for that date. It does not show "View Excursions" button for the August 19 like the other ports.

The other ports, I have excursions booked. I can click on "View Excursions" button and it will show me all the excursions for that day. If I click on an excursion, and if it conflicts with the time I have it will state "not available" and will show available times before and after my excursion time

I just find it strange that I can not do that on August 19.

I take it you are on the DBX land tour on your cruisetour? If you just want to see the other tours (since you are already booked on the one you think you want) you can look at them by going to the Princess website, click on 'Destinations' in the blue menu bar, then 'Ports and Excursions' (bottom of the pop up menu). At the next page, select 'Alaska' in box 1 and then 'Mt. McKinley Princess Wilderness Lodge (Talkeetna)' in box 2.

This list is not specific to your cruisetour, but it gives you the list of what is available. Since you can see all the other stops but not the one for Aug. 19, they may be changing the list of what is available for that day at that stop.

You need Flash to see all the tours, cannot access them on an iPad for example, but I assume that is not the problem since you can see the tour listing for other days. This problem does happen from time to time when Princess updates its tour pages. Likely they will all show back up in a day or two on your specific cruisetour. Do confirm that your booked tours are listed in your Personalizer.