A review of the Prohibition Party aboard Allure of the Seas

Overall it was a great time. The minor criticisms were:

I think it should be held on a different night than the second formal night in the MDR, which is also lobster night

Second, I read in many reviews that the "cops" raid us since this was set in the prohibition event.... it never happened. There was no raid so it was a disappointment not to experience that. Not sure why they didn't do that.

I agree, I had heard of the "raid" and it never happened. In my case, I really really don't like to dance and had I realized (probably just me being dense about the premise of the party) that there was so much dancing involved and then the ladies trying to get us up to dance constantly, I probably would have skipped it. That said, I was certainly entertained the entire time watching y'all dancing and acting crazy! That was the most fun for me. I wonder if they'll stop doing it after Chicago is no longer the show onboard?

So I am a bit torn on how to dress. I want to play along but still keep my suit case under 50 pounds. ( :) ) Do people wear their prohibition garb to the formal dinner that night? (fun!) Any suggestions?

I would say if you bring formal clothes, then just add a boa to your outfit and a fedora for the men and you're good to go! Lots of ladies had those headbands with feathers, which I think you can get at Party City or any other party store. Easy to pack. So many men had on colorful suspenders which added to their look, and gave the flappers something to grab onto as they dragged the guys out to the dance floor :)

Hmmmm this picture is probably not the exact one that you posted, it has you and Dale in it rather than just you and the ladies, but it's a good one!

Prohibition_zpsf9c55393.jpg

Thanks for posting that Janey. Much better than the one I put up there :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forums mobile app