I can't believe it!/Waiting list?

lovestocruise19

After telling me that we can't cruise in 2014 and instead have to save for a house, my DH apparently changed his mind and we just booked a cruise on the Conquest in January! We must both be nuts! :D

One thing that was strange when we booked is that we are on a waiting list for the early dining. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Will we likely get the early seating, and if, not, will they put us in late or anytime? Anytime looked like there was a wait list, too.

Oh, okay, so being on the wait list usually means you'll get your first choice then? That's good as we prefer early seating.

Being on waiting list means you will probably get late seating.

if not happy with it see MD upon embarkation.

We were on the Early Dining waiting list a couple of years ago and did not get it. We were assigned Late Dining instead. I checked with maître de as soon as I could (I was the 5th person in line) and he could not change us.

We are wait listed for Christmas Sunshine for Late seating not too worried. So the theory that early gets wait listed and stuck in late seating is busted. Not too worried we always change tables and or seating when we get on board. Plus think we have decided to eat in the Steakhouse every night.

After telling me that we can't cruise in 2014 and instead have to save for a house, my DH apparently changed his mind and we just booked a cruise on the Conquest in January! We must both be nuts! :D

One thing that was strange when we booked is that we are on a waiting list for the early dining. Has anyone ever experienced this before? Will we likely get the early seating, and if, not, will they put us in late or anytime? Anytime looked like there was a wait list, too.

We were put on the wait list for early dining and were put into anytime dining. If you get into late dining and it is a problem, I'm sure they can put you into anytime dining. It was actually much better than early dining. We had the same table and wait staff 4 out of the 5 nights. The first night we had a wait staff we didn't care for too much, so we switched. Easy peasy.

After telling me that we can't cruise in 2014 and instead have to save for a house, my DH apparently changed his mind and we just booked a cruise on the Conquest in January! We must both be nuts! :D.

We must be nuts right along with you then :D We decided we had to many other obligations this year and made the decision not to cruise in 2014. We even had one booked for our anniversary in April, and cancelled it a couple months ago. Then yesterday, DH comes to me and says he needs a break, but needs to wait till Feb. Would I be interested in cruising anyway. Baltimore is an hour and a half away, so we booked the Pride tonight! :D I am totally cool with being 'nuts'! :p

I booked the Dec 29th on Legend and was put on waitlist for early dining. I assume there will be alot of kids that week (school is out) so that's probably why it booked up first. We switched to anytime, and look forward to that.

It will only be our 2nd cruise, but the first time we had early and I hated being on a schedule!

Oh, okay, so being on the wait list usually means you'll get your first choice then? That's good as we prefer early seating.

No, unfortunately you are far more likely to get late seating (the least favorite time of the 3).

On Paradise the summer, we were waitlisted for Your Time Dining. When we got onboard we found out we'd been assigned early seating, which we did NOT want. We went to see the Maitre D right away. He couldn't get us into Your Time but he switched us to late seating.

Just booked Victory for January and all the seatings were available so we were able to get Your Time Dining. Yay!

Booking far in advance usually gets your dining preference. Once wait listed platinum/ FTTF get priority dining choice. (Diamonds still get guaranty I believe) then they go down their list and accommodate as many as they can. I've always booked early so never been wait listed. I feel for you.

What would happen if you have little ones? How would they handle late dining? My 8 year old would fall asleep in her bowl of soup? Carnival has to have a fix for that?

We do buffet 98% of the time, but sign up for anytime, and if we do eat in the MDR, we go right at opening about 4:45 I believe.

We were on the Carnival Sunshine last week. The minute I had booked the cruise back in the summer, I was waitlisted for the early dining. First time in twenty-five cruises. I had sent the Maitre'd an email several weeks ago indicating we prefer early dining and hoped we didn't have to miss eating in the main dining room if the late seating was our only option. In my entire life I have never "name dropped" but I did mention we are Platinum with Carnival. Two days before we sailed I got a return email from them saying we were early dining.

Edited by BennBilly

What would happen if you have little ones? How would they handle late dining? My 8 year old would fall asleep in her bowl of soup? Carnival has to have a fix for that?

We do buffet 98% of the time, but sign up for anytime, and if we do eat in the MDR, we go right at opening about 4:45 I believe.

4:45 in the MDR?