Free/Cheap Internet?

RadioPeri

There are a lot of free WiFi spots, usually for customers - just ask for the password.

Joyce Prince has a list on her website.

There are also some paid internet spots along Front Street and in Simpson Bay, but I'm not sure why a cruiser would need one. The most convenient one is probably CyberLink Internet, adjacent to Juggies.

th_DSCN5288.jpg

(click)

gary

Could you share with us the purpose of this list?

gary

Um ... being able to get online in port for free ... ??

You know, check in with the kids and life back home without racking up huge internet charges on board.

Maybe post a Facebook photo or two.

Be able to answer a Cruise Critic post.

_____ Fill in your favorite online pursuit here.

Most bars and restaurants have "free" wifi for paying customers. You can hardly complain if you were going to be getting a drink or a snack anyway.

If it must be truly free, you should find the local public library -- virtually everywhere in the US, and in many other countries wifi is a standard amenity in libraries. Frankly, though, if your time is worth anything, virtually every port has wifi locations at costs less than what buying a drink or two would come to.

Um ... being able to get online in port for free ... ??

You know, check in with the kids and life back home without racking up huge internet charges on board.

Maybe post a Facebook photo or two.

Be able to answer a Cruise Critic post.

_____ Fill in your favorite online pursuit here.

I certainly understand accessing WiFi for Internet :), but I was asking about your list.

I pointed you to a list of WiFi locations that covers most of the island, and probably anywhere a cruiser might visit, but that didn't seem to be quite enough.

gary

Thanks for the Joyce Prince link! If anyone has any firm, up-to-date info on stores or restaurants, that would be great!

I pointed you to a list of WiFi locations that covers most of the island, and probably anywhere a cruiser might visit, but that didn't seem to be quite enough.

gary

Gary, the link that you very kindly provided is very comprehensive but does state "This page is NOT updated on a regular schedule, but shows what is typical for the island... Note that it is very difficult to keep up with who offers WiFi or not or is even out of business, but will try to update from time to time."

Perischacknow is simply trying to find another, up-to-date list.

Edited by Fouremco