Wine box !

Gilbo

Hello all!

I don't know if that has been asked before. Anyone ever brought a wine box on board. Who know the 4 litres one ? We are on a two week cruise and love to be able to enjoy our wine on the balcony.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Hello all!

I don't know if that has been asked before. Anyone ever brought a wine box on board. Who know the 4 litres one ? We are on a two week cruise and love to be able to enjoy our wine on the balcony.

I doubt that boxed wine would be allowed. Royal's rule specifies only two 750ml bottles.

Hello all!

I've never done it, but its worth a try. I wouldn't suspect the xray would pick it up. you can also try to carry on two bottles separately, or carry on two put two in your luggage. If you get called down you just need to show security it is your two bottles of wine.

Just boarded Liberty of the Seas for a 4 night cruise from Fort Lauderdale. I brought a wine box in my carry on (it's more than the two bottles per cabin limit, but we have two adjoining cabins). For less than $10 it was a steal. The bag passed inspection, no questions asked. Hope this helps someone!

It is against the rules as they specify 750ml bottles but then again it will act like a rum runner in the detection process. It's up to you whether that is something you want to do or not.

That does make sense to me. I didn't think I was breaking rules since I did have two connecting cabins and it's not easy to divide a box back, but I do see your point. Thanks!

Hello all!

officially any wine brought on board is limited to 750 ML. ( max 2 per cabin)

the smaller cubes of 'real' wine' may work... a box of Franzia, maybe not.

Hi. We brought a box on Allure on Nov 3 sailing. Was the 4 bottle size and was in carryon. I was prepared to pay corkage on 2 bottles. The carry one went through scanner, the operator said I need to do that bag again, they pulled it off and rescanned and sent us on our way no problem.

The single boxes were 500 ml so not a full bottle and the box just took less room than 2 bottles so we chanced it. Might not work out every time though.

You may or may not want to take the bladder out of the box to cut down on bulk...

You may or may not want to bleed off the extra air that is in the bladder to reduce 'bubbles'...

You may or may not want to reseal the spout with some packing tape to prevent leaks...

You may or may not want to put the pouch in a separate ziptop bag to keep any leaks contained...

You may or may not want to put the bag of wine in the bottom of your carry on under your bathroom stuff...

You may or may not want to fold up the box for re-use in the cabin...

Is boxed wine allowed if it is factory sealed, and not greater than 1500 ml per stateroom? Not looking to smuggle, I'm curious if this is 'by the book.' IMHO, boxed wine would be easier to travel with than glass bottles.

The "book" says two bottles, no more than 750ml each.

You may or may not want to take the bladder out of the box to cut down on bulk...

You may or may not want to bleed off the extra air that is in the bladder to reduce 'bubbles'...

You may or may not want to reseal the spout with some packing tape to prevent leaks...

You may or may not want to put the pouch in a separate ziptop bag to keep any leaks contained...

You may or may not want to put the bag of wine in the bottom of your carry on under your bathroom stuff...

You may or may not want to fold up the box for re-use in the cabin...

I don't know if I agree about putting it near your bathroom stuff (Toiletries)?

When I use to use rum runner (no longer guilty of that), I would avoid putting it near my toiletries which consisted of big bottles of mouthwash, sun tan lotion, shampoo and conditioner. I didn't want to get called down regarding the bottles and then an opps, what is that.... Anything smuggled should go solo in a bag of clothes. toiletries go in another bag. I absolutely agree, if you take out the bladder or even use rum runners, make sure you put them in a large zip lock as well.