What is considered a "new booking"

Luvs2trvl

I have a cabin on hold and the deposit is due Friday. If I wait until Friday to see what the promotions are, is it still a new booking because there is no deposit? I can't cancel and rebook because there are no more RS, but if I can wait and see the promotions that would be great.

The 1-2-3 GO promotion starts Friday at 12:01 AM EST. Just call Celebrity then and book your held cabin. That will be considered a new booking since you do not yet have a reservation or a deposit on record. If you don't know the specifics of the program when you call, they can tell you what will be included with your new reservation! Good luck!

Actually, if you go to Captain's Club on the Celebrity web site, and click on Press Releases, you will see the specifics of the new 1-2-3.

Edited by gimletgal

The 1-2-3 GO promotion starts Friday at 12:01 AM EST. Just call Celebrity then and book your held cabin. That will be considered a new booking since you do not yet have a reservation or a deposit on record. If you don't know the specifics of the program when you call, they can tell you what will be included with your new reservation! Good luck!

Actually, if you go to Captain's Club on the Celebrity web site, and click on Press Releases, you will see the specifics of the new 1-2-3.

Be careful with that advice. OP said he has a cabin on hold so that means he has a reservation with a deposit due date. Depending on how it was booked it may or may not qualify for the offer on Friday.

If it doesn't then he may be able to modify the booking to adhere to the new terms or may have to cancel and rebook. Problem with canceling and renbooking is that,if, someone else has wait listed his cabin it will go to that person when he cancels.

I agree, if you have a cabin on hold Celebrity considers it a booking as it has an associated reservation number. I think it's going to be the luck of the draw if they will allow you to add the promo. Probably depends on if the published price is still the same.

They seem to be getting less and less flexible.

I agree, if you have a cabin on hold Celebrity considers it a booking as it has an associated reservation number. I think it's going to be the luck of the draw if they will allow you to add the promo. Probably depends on if the published price is still the same.

They seem to be getting less and less flexible.

I'm not sure that expecting a prospective passenger to make a decision at the end of the hold period indicates any lack of flexibility on Celebrity's part. It seems to me that passengers increasingly want to be able to take advantage of new promotional packages, intended for new bookings, while maintaining existing bookings.

While I certainly don't blame passengers for trying to do so, I think that it's unfair to accuse Celebrity of being inflexible when they simply follow the rules. OP has a choice: keep the cabin he has tentatively booked or go for the promotion while keeping his fingers crossed that the cabin doesn't get snapped up by someone else.

I called Celebrity because my TA cannot access the reservation yet as it's not been transferred, and I asked the Celebrity rep about the upcoming promotion.

He said that as long as it is before final payment, I can qualifiy for the promotion, however...my cabin will have to be repriced at the current promotional rate. (reading between the lines - the cabin rate might/will be higher than what I have). My origianl deposit date was yesterday, but since the transfer to my TA had not gone through, they extended the deposit date until Friday. But, not wanting to chance losing that cabin I went ahead and did the deposit. I'll worry about promotions later. Having this cabin is more important.

Thanks for your replies.