ignoring passenger safety

larbas

Even experienced people who go on a snorkel trip need to be cautious. I've been on them dozens of times and am an above average swimmer. But once in St. Thomas I got carried away by a current in very calm waters. My husband had to help me get back to the boat and we were both just about ready to call for help before we finally made it.

Here is what you signed onto when you paid Princess for your cruise.....(from the Passage Contract)

"•© Claims for Emotional Distress: Carrier shall not be liable to the Passenger for damages for emotional distress, mental suffering or psychological injury of any kind, under any circumstances, except for such damages proven in a court of competent jurisdiction arising from and attributable to Passenger's physical injury or as the result of Passenger having been at actual risk of immediate physical injury proximately caused by Carrier's negligence ("Emotional Harm")."

Sounds like your lawyer is going to make several payments on his new boat...and you will still lose.

I laughed out loud.....

WOW.

All snorkeling excursions say okay "for novice". This doesn't mean novice swimmer. And since you are a novice swimmer why in the world would you not wear a life vest in such an activity as this?

All of us have experienced some type of mishap on an excursion or on the ship at sometime.

I took an excursion to the Sapporo Brewery while in Japan, when we got on the bus we were told it was a holiday in Japan and the brewery was closed. We were taken to the gift shop and then returned to the ship. And NO we did not get any credit for the excursion. Was I upset, yes, did I take it to corporate? NO

I ate lobster at dinner one night and got food poisoning and was in bed for 3 days of my cruise. Did I think to ask for a 3 day credit because they gave me food poisoning? NO

You got a full refund for an excursion you choose to go on and completed. Suck it up and get on with it.

You got a FULL refund.....to expect anything else is uncalled for. Take just a bit of responsibility for yourself instead of expecting compenstation for events that do not please you.

And furthermore....typing an complaint letter to anyone in all caps is the equal to YELLING at them. Nice touch.:(:confused:

Some points: the OP came onto cc yesterday afternoon and apparently didn't see too many people acknowledging their pain:rolleyes:. Also, after many noticed that the OP had put "2012" in the first post, I looked up the Panama Canal roll calls (even though I do have a few things to do this afternoon:D) and noticed that either the sailing date February 6 was wrong or the year 2012. My guess is that OP meant 2013. Still not agreeing that there's an entitlement to more compensation. When I went on a snorkeling excursion with my family, I stayed on the boat (working on word puzzles), along with a mother with toddler, while everyone else snorkeled.

What some people try to get is beyond me. Last week in St. Thomas we took the St. John Trunk Bay beach & snorkel tour. I fully intended to snorkel but the water was a bit rough and we were specifically warned (more than once) by the instructor that "unless you are a strong swimmer, do not attempt to snorkel today". So...I thought about it and realized I am not a very strong swimmer, so I USED MY JUDGEMENT and just stayed on the beach and I enjoyed every minute of it. Sometimes things happen on excursions that may not fulfill the full intention (or your expectation) of the tour, but that's just the way it is. Really...the compensation the OP is asking for is beyond my comprehension.

If you're an adult, you should be able to use your judgement and make decisions for your own safety. It's called using your brain.

If you're an adult you should also be smart enough to realize things will and do happen wherever you go. That's just the way it is. The world doesn't always owe you a favor.

To the OP - Princess gave you enough compensation. Move on.

Cindy

What some people try to get is beyond me. Last week in St. Thomas we took the St. John Trunk Bay beach & snorkel tour. I fully intended to snorkel but the water was a bit rough and we were specifically warned (more than once) by the instructor that "unless you are a strong swimmer, do not attempt to snorkel today". So...I thought about it and realized I am not a very strong swimmer, so I USED MY JUDGEMENT and just stayed on the beach and I enjoyed every minute of it. Sometimes things happen on excursions that may not fulfill the full intention (or your expectation) of the tour, but that's just the way it is. Really...the compensation the OP is asking for is beyond my comprehension.

If you're an adult, you should be able to use your judgement and make decisions for your own safety. It's called using your brain.

If you're an adult you should also be smart enough to realize things will and do happen wherever you go. That's just the way it is. The world doesn't always owe you a favor.

To the OP - Princess gave you enough compensation. Move on.

Cindy

I agree with you 100%!:)