Pirate ship PV

lbfluffy

The pirate ships have 2 tours each day.

Their morningtour is great for families with kids, but leave too early for your arrival the 1st day and as far as I know returns too late (around 4 - 4.30 pm) for you on the 2nd day,

Only if this tour is offered however by your cruiseline and you booked there then the returntime will be o.k.

The eveningtour is more for adults, it is a type of booze cruise, leaves in the late afternoon ( 6 pm) and returns at night at about 10.30.

Edited by Ine

Ine, Am thinking outloud (we also live in PV a couple of months a year) and the last time we looked they still had 2 Pirate ships at PV (not sure if they finally got rid of the older vessel). So I am wondering if they operate a special cruise ship excursion that has longer hours then the normal evening tour. It makes some sense that they would start a little later for the cruise crowd since that gives them time to grab an early dinner before going off on the booze excursion.

Hank

Ine, Am thinking outloud (we also live in PV a couple of months a year) and the last time we looked they still had 2 Pirate ships at PV (not sure if they finally got rid of the older vessel). So I am wondering if they operate a special cruise ship excursion that has longer hours then the normal evening tour. It makes some sense that they would start a little later for the cruise crowd since that gives them time to grab an early dinner before going off on the booze excursion.

Hank

Hank, last winter we stayed for a while in the Icon towers, almost next to the cruiseterminal and haven seen the sail out and in daily. You could be right that they sail a bit later then 6 at night. I think a dinner is included in the rate and also the daily (often short) firework. Yes often there are 2 pirate ships in the dock, but I cannot remember ever see those sailing at the same time. I think depending how how many people are booked they decide which ship most suitable.

Edited by Ine

We are in PV 2 days, arriving at noon and leaving 3pm following day. But excursions shows it is at 7pm six hour tour. Is this correct? Would bring us back at 2am. Doesn't sound quite right.

The Carnival site indicates the March 1, 2014 intinerary for Miracle spends two days in Cabo and one day in Vallarta. Either your signature block is wrong or the Carnival site is off kilter.

In any event, the cruise industry is the bread `n butter customer for the Mexican excursion industry. They often adjust the "normal" schedule that land vacation people live with to match the ship's comings and goings. So, anything is possible.

One thing to keep in mind is Carnival's current habit of posting arrival & departure times in "ship's time" and this can be different from port local time. Recent Miracle passengers, on the Vallarta 2-day itinerary, indicate that ship's time is one hour behind Vallarta and is a match in Cabo. A noon arrival in Vallarta is really 1PM local and the 3PM departure is really 4PM local.

The Pirate ship typically starts around 9AM local and is back around 3:30PM Local (2:30 ship's time). If Carnival sells the family day excursion, they will get you back the ship in time.

As to your original question . . . The excursion operator's web site says the night Pirate booze-cruise starts at 7PM (local) and runs about 4 hours

Hank, last winter we stayed for a while in the Icon towers, almost next to the cruiseterminal and haven seen the sail out and in daily. You could be right that they sail a bit later then 6 at night. I think a dinner is included in the rate and also the daily (often short) firework. Yes often there are 2 pirate ships in the dock, but I cannot remember ever see those sailing at the same time. I think depending how how many people are booked they decide which ship most suitable.

One evening, last winter, we were sitting at the Cheeky Monkey having a drink (or two) and saw 2 pirate ships out in the bay. My first thought was that I had too many Margaritas and was seeing double :). But that was the only time we ever spotted both of them from PV.

Hank

One evening, last winter, we were sitting at the Cheeky Monkey having a drink (or two) and saw 2 pirate ships out in the bay. My first thought was that I had too many Margaritas and was seeing double :). But that was the only time we ever spotted both of them from PV.

Hank

LOL I have a visual of you and Mrs.Hank...that would so be I and Mr.QT questioning the strength of Troy's lovely drinks, except we would be usually at the Sea Monkey, as it is right below the condo we love :)

Jan/Feb can not come soon enough :)

one evening, last winter, we were sitting at the cheeky monkey having a drink (or two) and saw 2 pirate ships out in the bay. My first thought was that i had too many margaritas and was seeing double :). But that was the only time we ever spotted both of them from pv.

Hank

lol

The Carnival site indicates the March 1, 2014 intinerary for Miracle spends two days in Cabo and one day in Vallarta. Either your signature block is wrong or the Carnival site is off kilter.

In any event, the cruise industry is the bread `n butter customer for the Mexican excursion industry. They often adjust the "normal" schedule that land vacation people live with to match the ship's comings and goings. So, anything is possible.

One thing to keep in mind is Carnival's current habit of posting arrival & departure times in "ship's time" and this can be different from port local time. Recent Miracle passengers, on the Vallarta 2-day itinerary, indicate that ship's time is one hour behind Vallarta and is a match in Cabo. A noon arrival in Vallarta is really 1PM local and the 3PM departure is really 4PM local.

The Pirate ship typically starts around 9AM local and is back around 3:30PM Local (2:30 ship's time). If Carnival sells the family day excursion, they will get you back the ship in time.

As to your original question . . . The excursion operator's web site says the night Pirate booze-cruise starts at 7PM (local) and runs about 4 hours

Yes you are right. I messed up. I will change my signature to March 8th