Bon Voyage Dave (DMWNC1959)!!!

sunsetbeachgal

Thank you so much for all of the photos of the Enclave and Spa. I think this is a tipping point for me. Think I am going to have to seriously think about the Regal in Europe this May.

By the way, after all of the work you have done to help change the pre-cruise anxiety about the Royal, you might notice there is none of this (or very, very little) on the boards about the Regal...

Have a wonderful second cruise!

Happy sails!

As you can see we do not post much on this board but we do a lot of research. Followed your previous posts on Everything Royal and now this one. We have been on 16 Princess Cruises and have the Royal booked Jan.26/14 and were very, very hesitant with all the negative reviews. Now we are so excited because of you!! Thank you so much for the amazing pictures and all your reviews of the Royal. We think it is quite awesome that you would take the time from your precious vacation to share all your experiences and pictures with everyone. Can't thank you enough for being so positive and we will certainly be following you for the rest of your cruise. Again - THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Enjoy!

People hanging out watching the sunset over Fort Lauderdale

11278177146_dbc6c38911_c.jpg

11278275024_d41cffba72_c.jpg

Dave ! I saw a blog that says they only sell 40 enclave passes per cruise. That is a little hard for me to believe ! We are going next week and would like to know if that is true and if it is we will hit down there real quick on Sunday once we board. My wife and I are going crazy since we have been looking at your photos this past week. I never belived most of the bashing of this ship the past few months and you have proved that ! Have a great week !

Thank you David for "Everything Royal"! It was a great cruise and wish we could have joined the rest of you for the B2B. Wonderful people in the Meet and Greet - and we were so grateful the Captain and his staff made a visit to our Meet and Greet. I couldn't imagine them not wanting to meet you. Your idea of the Meet and Greet Pub Lunch was fun and we met some very nice people. Thanks for the little bit of special "Royalty" you added to our cruise. This was our first Princess cruise - and definitely won't be our last. Possibly a Regal cruise in our future - but I would love to see a sequel - "Everything Regal" before booking. :) Thanks David.

If there is a "kind soul" in this group who feels sorry for me and is willing to just drop a note off to a friend sailing today, please RVSP.

My husband and I are usually cruising with him on his birthday and this year I've had some major health problems. Had to cancel my last 3 cruises...UGH...

Anyway, I feel bad that I did not remember to order anything from Princess gifts and they need at least 72 hours prior to sailing -- so I just need someone to slip a note under his door tomorrow (dec 9)

Liz Lama

Tampa FL

Dave...due to you I'm "experiencing" things I didn't see during our 18 day Med/TA & I'll keep your posts & photos. It's a great travelogue & planning tool for another Royal/Regal cruise.

Hopefully you'll have more time to "escape completely" after "doing a Yeoman's job" on your 1st cruise!!! :D

Hi Frank,

Can I just keep the link to,this thread or do I have to do something else to keep it? I also want to keep it.

Dave,

I'm about half way through all the pages on this thread and look forward to something new everyday. The attention to detail brings back memories of the "Everything Royal" thread (you must have that memorized) and the B2B the DW and I did in October and November.

Kick back and relax my friend and enjoy your second week.

Marty

Dave - thanks for the dinner menu earlier today. Much appreciated,especially since the MDR isn't on your tour of duty. Its very helpful to us to try to plan our strategy for our week aboard. We were very pleasantly surprised by the look of the crab shack offering. Very helpful to see "second-hand." I'm dying to get onboard on the 22nd.

Edited by Cruisin'Chris

Goodbye to everyone from the 12/1 Roll Call!!! It was a real pleasure meeting all of you and the honor was all mine to have spent so much wonderful time talking with you and hanging out. It was truly a LOT of fun!

Now for WEEK 2!

:D

I did a side-by-side comparison, and the Princess Patters from the 12/1 (previously posted) and 12/8 Embarkation Day are exactly the same with the exception of:

- Duo Push not performing (departed last week in St. Thomas)

- Different NFL teams playing ;)

- Dwight Blake replaced Kory Simon in Crooners

- Troy Thirdgill has been replaced by Carlos Oscar as Comedian for this cruise

All MUTS movies are the same.

Other than posting the MDR each day, is there any other requests for specific menus? Someone had requested the Kids Club menus which I'll ask about, and I will also try and get the MDR Breakfast and Lunch menus to see if it has changed.

I did take a picture of the Elite, Suite, and Platinum 'Daily Special' and food offerings in Club 6 each evening.

My new cruise card has a Coke sticker, last week it was Sprite. Weird.

It's been a long day and I'm exhausted, so off to bed early tonight. More to come tomorrow...

11282265444_bbfbac2638_b.jpg

Edited by dmwnc1959

Dave ! I saw a blog that says they only sell 40 enclave passes per cruise. That is a little hard for me to believe ! We are going next week and would like to know if that is true and if it is we will hit down there real quick on Sunday once we board. My wife and I are going crazy since we have been looking at your photos this past week. I never belived most of the bashing of this ship the past few months and you have proved that ! Have a great week !

40 week-long passes is the maximum per sailing and NO Day Passes are offered. Best to get one first thing after you board because two members of our CC group from last week grabbed theirs immediately after we re boarded on Turn Around Day. They seem to go very quick!

If there is a "kind soul" in this group who feels sorry for me and is willing to just drop a note off to a friend sailing today, please RVSP.

My husband and I are usually cruising with him on his birthday and this year I've had some major health problems. Had to cancel my last 3 cruises...UGH...

Anyway, I feel bad that I did not remember to order anything from Princess gifts and they need at least 72 hours prior to sailing -- so I just need someone to slip a note under his door tomorrow (dec 9)

Liz Lama

Tampa FL

Liz,

Let me know the message and room number and I'll make sure it gets delivered. I'll try and log back on tomorrow around 8am so if possible let me know what to write down and I'll walk it over.

"Happy Birthday Alan--so sorry we are not there to celebrate with you. Love from Liz & Joe".

Cabin #C628 ..Alan Kuznof

Liz,

Let me know the message and room number and I'll make sure it gets delivered. I'll try and log back on tomorrow around 8am so if possible let me know what to write down and I'll walk it over.

Hi Dave! Really enjoyed cruising with you last week! Glad you joined us for the crab shack dinner. Royal was a great ship and we had a blast! Wondering how the cruise director vacancy was addressed for this week?

Kim

The Crab Shack was a blast!

Ryan is filling in for Sam until we pick her back up in St. Martin. Apparently her husband was on a motorcycle this last week when we were there and was struck by a car (?). He is reported to be doing much better.

40 week-long passes is the maximum per sailing and NO Day Passes are offered. Best to get one first thing after you board because two members of our CC group from last week grabbed theirs immediately after we re boarded on Turn Around Day. They seem to go very quick!

Thanks for the info on the Enclave. I assume we get the passes at the Enclave ? Have a great week and we will watch you come in on Sunday !