Refund

chester32

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a deposit refund

We cancelled a trip on voyager for next year and we are entitled to a full refund that was 6 weeks ago still waiting checked with the TA a few times and they tell me they are chasing it, is this a normal waiting period?

Thanks

Does anyone know how long it takes to get a deposit refund

We cancelled a trip on voyager for next year and we are entitled to a full refund that was 6 weeks ago still waiting checked with the TA a few times and they tell me they are chasing it, is this a normal waiting period?

Thanks

That seems like an excessive amount of time for a refund. When we have cancelled, it has taken a week or so to be credited back to our credit card.

If you used a credit card do a charge back just call the credit card company... Carnival dragged their feet when I was due a refund and they expected me to wait another month so I just called the number on the back of my card and they money was put back in the same day.

Thanks for your reply's I did think it was taking a bit long also when we cancelled the voyager cruise it was because we booked a different cruise which we liked better and it is with celebrity so I foolishly thought the deposit could just be transferred over and it was still through the same TA so I just don't understand the delay

Unfortunately the processes are different between the US, and local TAs, which is where the replies above aren't directly relevant as they relate to US processing.

If you'd booked directly with RCL, you'd get your refund in 3-5 days as mentioned.

However, Australian TAs operate on billing cycles between them and the cruise line, and handle the payment themselves. i.e. when you make payment it goes to their bank account, and then they pay the cruise line as per their payment cycle from their account. Whereas most US TAs do the admin but don't handle the payment itself and payment goes directly from you to the cruiseline.

Thus, with Australian TAs, they wait for the RCL billing cycle to be done to transfer payment back to themselves, and then go through their own accounts processes to pass payment back to you.

I don't agree with it working that way, but they do what suits them, so you wind up with that situation. Especially where you've transferred between cruises with the same cruise line group (RCL and Celebrity have the same office locally), I would say the TA is being petty and inflexible about it since the funds are going through the same parties. But it is the way they do it to suit themselves.