Disappointed with NCL!

rvsullivan

Eventually, maybe they'll just get rid of OBC for early booking, since it seems from the boards that some who book early just picks any ol' cabin to get the perks and then decide closer to the time what they "really" want, then throw a tantrum to get an early booking bonus AND the cabin of their choice AND a discount AND Sheehan's first born, if they can talk to the right rep.

This doesn't help NCL manage the rooms in any way at all, which is the point of the early booking bonuses in the first place. So I foresee they'll be gone eventually. You can talk to me all you want about customer service, etc., but the bottom line is, NCL offers the bonuses to fill rooms as fast as possible, to manage their inventory effectively.

I'm no cheerleader. Just constantly amazed that folks don't get that this is a BUSINESS with policies to MAKE MONEY and FILL THE SHIP.

Wow, this post is so not like me. Sorry. First world problems get me down at Christmas, I fear. Apologies for those I'm bound to have offended, and I am happy for the OP, I just think we've got to see the early booking bonuses for what they are - a thank you from the company for helping them manage their business efficiently. They shouldn't have to give you said thank you if you're changing things fifteen times at the last minute, which does NOT help them manage their business efficiently.

I feel better now.

Eventually, maybe they'll just get rid of OBC for early booking, since it seems from the boards that some who book early just picks any ol' cabin to get the perks and then decide closer to the time what they "really" want, then throw a tantrum to get an early booking bonus AND the cabin of their choice AND a discount AND Sheehan's first born, if they can talk to the right rep.

This doesn't help NCL manage the rooms in any way at all, which is the point of the early booking bonuses in the first place. So I foresee they'll be gone eventually. You can talk to me all you want about customer service, etc., but the bottom line is, NCL offers the bonuses to fill rooms as fast as possible, to manage their inventory effectively.

I'm no cheerleader. Just constantly amazed that folks don't get that this is a BUSINESS with policies to MAKE MONEY and FILL THE SHIP.

Wow, this post is so not like me. Sorry. First world problems get me down at Christmas, I fear. Apologies for those I'm bound to have offended, and I am happy for the OP, I just think we've got to see the early booking bonuses for what they are - a thank you from the company for helping them manage their business efficiently. They shouldn't have to give you said thank you if you're changing things fifteen times at the last minute, which does NOT help them manage their business efficiently.

I feel better now.

I can see the point of your rant but I think your missing the point where it's advantageous to NCL to have your deposit well in advance too. And they still keep your money when you switch categories. So, it's a suite for a suite, how does that screw up your inventory? Now, if the pricing has dropped drastically, then I see their point I guess.

I can see the point of your rant but I think your missing the point where it's advantageous to NCL to have your deposit well in advance too. And they still keep your money when you switch categories. So, it's a suite for a suite, how does that screw up your inventory? Now, if the pricing has dropped drastically, then I see their point I guess.

It still takes time, money, effort and personnel, PCC's, supervisors, etc., to keep making changes....

I feel better now.

Wow I do book early but I agree with you.

Hello rvsullivan,

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your reservation. If you would like to have us look into this further, please email your contact details and reservation number to socialmedia@ncl.com and we will have someone from our resolutions desk reach out to you right away.

Thank you,

Norwegian Cruise Line Social Media Team

Then maybe NCL should FOLLOW their own policies. Because what creates more problems is when they bend the rules for these people (which I am truly happy for) but not others.