Disappointed with NCL!

rvsullivan

I just booked for one 10 months away, hoping for a room upgrade program like the past two July's. Our NCL agent said that the latitudes points would stay <double points> but any obc would not be part of the bargain as it's a new reservation if we choose an new offer.

Bonnie

In my experience, this is not the case. Upgraded from a BA to an SF 31 days before sailing and still received the "9 months" Latitudes points.

In my recent experienced they would not give me my latitudes points. I was perturbed to say the least. Said because It was considered a 'new' booking. booked a year in advance and upgraded 2 days before sailing. I went up the chain on this one. It was a no go each time. They said it was 'the rules' of my upgrade. :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to keep your lattitude points.

In my recent experienced they would not give me my latitudes points. I was perturbed to say the least. Said because It was considered a 'new' booking. booked a year in advance and upgraded 2 days before sailing. I went up the chain on this one. It was a no go each time. They said it was 'the rules' of my upgrade. :rolleyes:

Glad you were able to keep your lattitude points.

Next time that happens just come and post about your disappointment with NCL here on cc and then call them again in a few days. Good for you OP I had a feeling that your tactic was going to be effective.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after an hour long phone call with NCL this morning, all is taken care of. NCL management/supervisors took care of all of our issues and we're sailing in a few days. Happy campers!!! Thanks for all the feedback both pro and con. Spirited conversation for sure.;):D:D:D:D

Glad to hear it worked out for you. YAY!!! Enjoy your cruise.

Just wanted to let everyone know that after an hour long phone call with NtiemCL this morning, all is taken care of. NCL management/supervisors took care of all of our issues and we're sailing in a few days. Happy campers!!! Thanks for all the feedback both pro and con. Spirited conversation for sure.;):D:D:D:D

My heart told me, NCL would look after you: Now, have a wonderful time.

Hello rvsullivan,

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your reservation. If you would like to have us look into this further, please email your contact details and reservation number to socialmedia@ncl.com and we will have someone from our resolutions desk reach out to you right away.

Thank you,

Norwegian Cruise Line Social Media Team

Hello rvsullivan,

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated with your reservation. If you would like to have us look into this further, please email your contact details and reservation number to socialmedia@ncl.com and we will have someone from our resolutions desk reach out to you right away.

Thank you,

??? Didn't this already get resolved?

Just wanted to let everyone know that after an hour long phone call with NCL this morning, all is taken care of. NCL management/supervisors took care of all of our issues and we're sailing in a few days. Happy campers!!! Thanks for all the feedback both pro and con. Spirited conversation for sure.;):D:D:D:D

Very happy for you !!!!!;)

Just wanted to let everyone know that after an hour long phone call with NCL this morning, all is taken care of. NCL management/supervisors took care of all of our issues and we're sailing in a few days. Happy campers!!! Thanks for all the feedback both pro and con. Spirited conversation for sure.

I really didn't have an intelligent response either way since I don't book that far out or book a suite. So I didn't figure I could add to the conversation but was lurking.

Glad it got worked out to satisfy you. Have a great cruise.

Always good to hear from "Happy Campers" and glad everything worked out for you..................have a great cruise:)

Hello rvsullivan,

Thank you,

I'm glad rvsullivan got this resolved but I would like an official statement from NCL on what should and shouldn't happen in these instances and then training should ensue with customer service and PCCs.

After a long talk with NCL again today, they have made everything right with us!!! One individual made a mistake in the handling of this and I'm comfortable that NCL has corrected the situation.

Great job on NCL's part in rectifying the situation.

After a long talk with NCL again today, they have made everything right with us!!! One individual made a mistake in the handling of this and I'm comfortable that NCL has corrected the situation.

So good to hear that the policy about fully paid upgrades hasn't changed - altough there have been similar "mistakes" a lot lately, makes me wonder if these truly are only one-time mistakes or a growing trend..

We are in a similar situation and wondered if you spoke to anyone specific? I also made a new thread on the particulars of our situation because I didn't want to hijack yours but I am equally disappointed with NCL right now.

I'm glad rvsullivan got this resolved but I would like an official statement from NCL on what should and shouldn't happen in these instances and then training should ensue with customer service and PCCs.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what the initial problem was and/or I'm reading this terms and conditions wrong, NCL does have it officially in writing. "Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Please note that the cancellation and rebooking process may impact guests who receive early booking Latitude Rewards points as the system looks at the Initial Date to calculate the 9 months or prior".

What it sounds like here is that NCL (2nd time around ;)) rethought the unhappiness of it's customer and manually reset the booking advance OBC to please their customer.

If I am understanding all this correctly then this is one area that cruise critic can be a big problem area because if NCL gives in to one passenger and they come on and say NCL did this for them. Then everyone thinks it's policy and should be able to get it as well. Companies usually do and should make exceptions on an individual basis. But that should be up to a supervisor not the call center people.

Although I'm really not sure why rv would have lost the suite OBC as well since the suite OBC does not rely on being booked that far out. That has me a little baffled. Think someone may have just screwed up there.

Edited by che5904

Unless I'm misunderstanding what the initial problem was and/or I'm reading this terms and conditions wrong, NCL does have it officially in writing. "Guests who cancel and rebook must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Please note that the cancellation and rebooking process may impact guests who receive early booking Latitude Rewards points as the system looks at the Initial Date to calculate the 9 months or prior".

What it sounds like here is that NCL (2nd time around ;)) rethought the unhappiness of it's customer and manually reset the booking advance OBC to please their customer.

If I am understanding all this correctly then this is one area that cruise critic can be a big problem area because if NCL gives in to one passenger and they come on and say NCL did this for them. Then everyone thinks it's policy and should be able to get it as well. Companies usually do and should make exceptions on an individual basis. But that should be up to a supervisor not the call center people.

Although I'm really not sure why rv would have lost the suite OBC as well since the suite OBC does not rely on being booked that far out. That has me a little baffled. Think someone may have just screwed up there.

I assume their situation was like ours. We did not cancel, we modified our booking and changed suites. We have the same booking number, the same booking date of April 2013, yet they are telling us we aren't entitled to the $300 obc credit just like they told them. To me, that isn't right so it was fixed for them. I don't think they were asking for anything extra, just what they would have been entitled to with booking any suite more than 9mts in advance.

I assume their situation was like ours. We did not cancel, we modified our booking and changed suites. We have the same booking number, the same booking date of April 2013, yet they are telling us we aren't entitled to the $300 obc credit just like they told them. To me, that isn't right so it was fixed for them. I don't think they were asking for anything extra, just what they would have been entitled to with booking any suite more than 9mts in advance.

Exactly this. We have never had to cancel/rebook to upgrade, always have had original booking date, just the cabin (and category) has changed - the same as changing a cabin assignment within the same category, it has always been done very quickly and without any fuzz.

Exactly this. We have never had to cancel/rebook to upgrade, always have had original booking date, just the cabin (and category) has changed - the same as changing a cabin assignment within the same category, it has always been done very quickly and without any fuzz.

But you both missed what I was actually saying. This may not be any actual person's fault but the fault of a computerized system. So I go back to the advice that I wrote on allison0523's thread. Call back speak to a supervisor and have them manually override the system. Those people that answer the phones are you typical call center people who basically do nothing but read computer screens. So if the computer screen is telling them ###, that's what they tell the customer.

Then perhaps write a letter to NCL stating their system is now screwing up.

Then perhaps write a letter to NCL stating their system is now screwing up.

This may in fact be the case because I tried a mock booking for a suite for next November and the online booking system only shows a $150 credit not a $300 suite credit.

There already is an official word from NCL on this. It's in the passenger contract and in the promotion's terms and conditions. Typically, people are looking for exceptions to one or more of these terms because they have decided that the terms have become "unfair"...

Well, I certainly can't speak for NCL on this, but one thing I think comes into play. We did an upgrade to our booking. This sounds like a downgrade. I'm not sure if that matters or not, but certainly seems like it could come into play. I do not have a contact inside NCL for dealing with this. I worked with a supervisor in the call center and then was called by NCL. One other difference I noticed. I asked the questions before the the change, when I got the wrong answers, I left my booking intact and escalated. Seems to make all the difference in the world.

There already is an official word from NCL on this. It's in the passenger contract and in the promotion's terms and conditions. Typically, people are looking for exceptions to one or more of these terms because they have decided that the terms have become "unfair"...

But there is a lack of consistency. And if it is a computer thing, the reps should be trained to handle it.