Afternoon tea in Stateroom

Purples

Is it a good experience to have afternoon tea delivered to your stateroom or is it better in the dining room please? Thinking of trying it.
We have had afternoon tea in the DR a number of times. We tried it for the first time in our cabin on the Emerald this June. DD was with us. They brought a selection of the pastries, finger sandwiches and desserts as well as scones, "clotted" cream and jam and two tea pots. I believe there was a selection of tea bags. There was enough food for six people. You don't have the live music that you have in the DR but otherwise everything else was the same.

On our recent California Coastal cruise on the Golden, we ordered afternoon tea to our suite. When ordering, they asked for how many people. Of course, we said 2. After everything was laid out on our balcony table, and my wife and I were chowing down, I commented to her, "This can feed a family of 8." We actually had to skip dinner that night. And the next morning, the final morning of the cruise, all I had was a very light breakfast. I think a croissant with some OJ.

It's A LOT of food! :) (We are not small people)

Yes, they bring way too much food. I really only want the scones, so we just order them and tea. It is really nice to sit on your balcony and enjoy them.

Good to know. We'll be in a suite next year and would like to have tea on our balcony but really only want the scones, cream, jam and tea. Did you tell them the specific items to bring when you ordered it to be delivered?

Is it a good experience to have afternoon tea delivered to your stateroom or is it better in the dining room please? Thinking of trying it.

The food will be the same.

The difference is the atmosphere - it depends on whether you want to eat in the privacy of your cabin/balcony or be served in the dining room with white tablecloths and classic music playing in the background.

We tried it on the first cruise where we were Elite (no one had warned us about the HUGE amounts of food ! :eek: ) and haven't done it since.

On a sunny day I usually like being out on the deck. On an inclement day the tea in the dining room is a nice diversion.

If I were already sitting on my balcony reading for the day it might be nice to have tea delivered.

So, after all that, only you can decide if you want the sociability of the dining room or the quiet of your cabin.

I enjoy the socialization in the dining room. I have had tea on several ships and Princess does it best. Talking with other passengers at the table is fun for me.

I have breakfast on the balcony most mornings.

Depends on what you are looking for. There is so much to choose from in the dining room.

They serve clotted cream on the ship?? I thought part of the issue about even importing it to the US was instability and storage?

If so I think I just may have to have Afternoon tea every day it's offered!! I'll have to allot a 1 pound gain just due to clotted cream, noms!! :D

They serve clotted cream on the ship?? I thought part of the issue about even importing it to the US was instability and storage?

If so I think I just may have to have Afternoon tea every day it's offered!! I'll have to allot a 1 pound gain just due to clotted cream, noms!! :D

I posted "clotted" cream because it is just heavy whipped cream. Sorry for raising your expectations. Edited by IECalCruiser

Good to know! We booked a suite next year and love afternoon tea. We have two little girls so going to the dining room is not a good option for us they would be climbing all over the place. I like the idea of it being delivered to our suite. I will definitely be doing this option! :)

Good to know! We booked a suite next year and love afternoon tea. We have two little girls so going to the dining room is not a good option for us they would be climbing all over the place. I like the idea of it being delivered to our suite. I will definitely be doing this option! :)

I have heard that most anything that a Suite wants a Suite gets!

Wish I could go Suite. Sadly only Balcony for me. I do love a balcony cabin.