Port of Miami shuttle

LHT28

Taxis in Miami are so cheap and easy most don't bother with a shuttle -- taxi from MIA to POM is a flat rate (ignore the meter) of $24+tip for the cab (not per person like a shuttle).

Unless you are travelling solo a taxi is the way to go; if you are travelling solo pair up with other cruisers from your roll call and skip the shuttle. :cool:

LHT28......Where do you need to go...from where to where? There are many companies that do different routes in different sized vehicles. Are you looking for Private van/car? You mention that in your question.

Because there are only two of us, we use cabs and they are the fastest, most cost efficient and ready to go when we are.

Edited by eandj

LHT28......Where do you need to go...from where to where? There are many companies that do different routes in different sized vehicles. Are you looking for Private van/car? You mention that in your question.

Because there are only two of us, we use cabs and they are the fastest, most cost efficient and ready to go when we are.

The company offers shared or private transfer from POM to MIA

I just wondered if anyone had used them

I have read the fine print & will stick with either a taxi or a private service that I booked to share with others on the roll call ..if I cannot get people to share will just try for a taxi & hope I do not miss my flight like we almost did the last time

Edited by LHT28

LHT.... you didn't mention in your initial post that you were trying to catch an apparently early flight. That would make a HUGE difference of course on the time you disembark and transportation options to the airport.

No, I personally wouldn't use a shared "shuttle van" service if you booked your flight too early. Your post gives off a "worried" vibe. Not a good way to end the cruise.

Edited by eandj

LHT.... you didn't mention in your initial post that you were trying to catch an apparently early flight. That would make a HUGE difference of course on the time you disembark and transportation options to the airport.

No, I personally wouldn't use a shared "shuttle van" service if you booked your flight too early. Your post gives off a "worried" vibe. Not a good way to end the cruise.

I do not think 12:30 pm is an EARLY flight ... but have had issues with POM before

Just because you have never had a problem does not mean it doesn't happen

YMMV

Thanks for the replies

Edited by LHT28

I do not think 12:30 pm is an EARLY flight ... but have had issues with POM before

Just because you have never had a problem does not mean it doesn't happen

YMMV

Thanks for the replies

12:30 is not an early flight and the trip from POM to MIA only takes 15-20 min; we've cruised POM many times and never had along wait for a taxi, but I am sure it has happened a time or two.

I did not even think about it but is it easier to take a taxi to/from the Miami airport instead of using Carnival shuttle service? With a tip for two people, the taxi will be a bit cheaper (but not by much). I'm not worried about getting to the port as I know it is easy to get taxis at the airport. Is it difficult to get a taxi when getting off the cruise ship or is there typically a line of taxis waiting? Thanks!

I did not even think about it but is it easier to take a taxi to/from the Miami airport instead of using Carnival shuttle service? With a tip for two people, the taxi will be a bit cheaper (but not by much). I'm not worried about getting to the port as I know it is easy to get taxis at the airport. Is it difficult to get a taxi when getting off the cruise ship or is there typically a line of taxis waiting? Thanks!

Basiically a line of cabs waiting -- I've never had to wait longer than a couple of minutes to be loaded into a cab and rolling from POM. The cab is a flat rate of $24+tip from POM to MIA (or MIA to POM), so figure just under or right at $30 with tip. Compared to cruiseline transfer pricing (and the wait for the bus to load and unload :() and a cab is a bargain and faster!

Cool, thanks for the info! We have driven to ports in the past few years so haven't had to arrange ground transportation in years. I assume booking cruise transportation is a process because you have to wait both at the airport and at the port for the entire bus to fill before it will leave? Are there any perks to the cruise transportation or should I just stick with a cab?

Cool, thanks for the info! We have driven to ports in the past few years so haven't had to arrange ground transportation in years. I assume booking cruise transportation is a process because you have to wait both at the airport and at the port for the entire bus to fill before it will leave? Are there any perks to the cruise transportation or should I just stick with a cab?

If you are uncomfortable dealing with a cab driver, or travelling solo then the cruise bus may be for you. In POM, Port Everglades and Tampa a cab is a much better (cheaper & faster) deal; from MCO to Port Canaveral (about a 45-50 minute drive) many arriving a day or more early choose to rent a car one-way; at taxi is not practical, but there are also lots of private shuttle services.