New Cruisers vs. Repeat Customers

SamFritz

How much of a typical ship's manifest is comprised of first time cruisers and how many are repeats? And then how many are first time on royal? And first time on that ship?

I was just thinking about how the whole experience is managed (from the MDR to the Theater) in terms of keeping repeaters entertained as compared to wowing first timers. Things like changing up shows and menus etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

I don't know Sam- I didn't think things changed fast enough:p But frankly, I think Royal does a pretty awesome job, that I never feel ho hum even though I've cruised a fair bit. There is sooo much going on that I find it rare to "do it all" on any one or even 2 or 3 rd sailing, :eek: so there is usually something new to try.

The shows do get stale if you've cruised the same ship a lot, as they don't change but every several years and the headliners tend to make the rounds, so there is a good chance of seeing someone more than once. I was getting a bit bored of the menus, but those just changed, so I'm more content with the new ones.

In general, there is so much going on, that even as a repeater, I'm not bored...and although we've generally given repeater parties a pass- I hear from recent attendees that these are getting more interesting. On Jewel- Capt Gus gave an interesting talk about his journey to becoming Capt. that people who attended said was fantastic! Ive seen the singers and dancers perform on Allure for repeaters that was very interesting. Based on the invites in my cabin last week, we had a different event (or two!) to attend every night of the week. So while newbies might be wowed by what we see as the same ole- the loyals have plenty of activities and invites just for them.:D

How much of a typical ship's manifest is comprised of first time cruisers and how many are repeats? And then how many are first time on royal? And first time on that ship?

I was just thinking about how the whole experience is managed (from the MDR to the Theater) in terms of keeping repeaters entertained as compared to wowing first timers. Things like changing up shows and menus etc.

It depends a LOT on cruise, the season, etc. In general, though, the shorter the cruise, the more you're going to see mostly first time cruisers and first-time-with-RCI cruisers. 4-night Miami-to-Bahamas-and-Coco-Cay in July or August will be a lot of new people. 14-night transatlantic, on the other hand, will probably have close to the half the ship C&A members, and probably 300-400 diamonds or above.