Sick on board

eforch

Cabins ARE smaller than hotel rooms....but they are well laid-out with plenty of storage...the designers really maximize the space. Of course, ships also have suites that can be huge...just depends on what you want to pay! On most ships, a junior or mini suite is most like a hotel room.

If a medication works for you, take it.

We've already established that, in most situations, seasickness is an inner ear problem. Most boat sailors will tell you that, if you are feeling queasy (and it's not due to food and/or booze) the last place you want to be is where you cannot look at the horizon and sync your ear and eye brain messages.

Now I don't know if that is a scientific fact. But, I do know that whenever I have experienced truly rough seas (not the bathtub that is the Caribbean), fresh air and eyeing the horizon does make a difference in holding off seasickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I agree Bodine is the way to go and they have these on the ship usually outside of the medical office. The patches can make you feel very weird. I tried on my first cruise and took them off after the second day and took the Bodine. I have been on two cruises since and the Bodine works great!

If a medication works for you, take it.

We've already established that, in most situations, seasickness is an inner ear problem. Most boat sailors will tell you that, if you are feeling queasy (and it's not due to food and/or booze) the last place you want to be is where you cannot look at the horizon and sync your ear and eye brain messages.

Now I don't know if that is a scientific fact. But, I do know that whenever I have experienced truly rough seas (not the bathtub that is the Caribbean), fresh air and eyeing the horizon does make a difference in holding off seasickness.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on a ship with 30 foot waves in the Caribbean. waves can happen anywhere. large ones too.