I am Platinum the easy way!!

dulcimergirl

Yes, I have been on 8 Carnival cruises in the last 16 months. I have a B2B booked Dec 15 on Legend, and my cruise boarding pass has me listed as Platinum!!

I am so excited to be on board the Legend soon. I love the ship, and wanted to sail her again before she leaves for Australia.

I am also introducing my DH to her for the very first, second, and last time.

Since all the kids have families of their own, we decided to cruise for our Christmas! I will miss my parents 65th anniversary, but its totally ok with them.

See you all aboard! (well, not everyone, but who ever is cruising with us.. lol)

I will do a review of all the festivities upon my return, right here~

Edited by dulcimergirl

Yes, I have been on 8 Carnival cruises in the last 16 months. I have a B2B booked Dec 15 on Legend, and my cruise boarding pass has me listed as Platinum!!

I am so excited to be on board the Legend soon. I love the ship, and wanted to sail her again before she leaves for Australia.

Since all the kids have families of their own, we decided to cruise for our Christmas! I will miss my parents 65th anniversary, but its totally ok with them.

See you all aboard! (well, not everyone, but who ever is cruising with us.. lol)

You will enjoy platinum congrats! I will also be on the dec 15th cruise! Last minute decision to join a few friends...:) can't wait! :p

Your parents have been married for 65 years? And you won't be there? Why not surprise them and take them along for a real family Christmas Anniversary celebration? My mother would kill me! And they won't be around too much longer! Carnival is very accomadating to the old folks on walkers, canes, scooters, Oxygen, etc. Sorry for the misspelling... Please reconsider...............65 years is amazing, please wish them well and a very Happy Anniversary!! :)

Your parents have been married for 65 years? And you won't be there? Why not surprise them and take them along for a real family Christmas Anniversary celebration? My mother would kill me! And they won't be around too much longer! Carnival is very accomadating to the old folks on walkers, canes, scooters, Oxygen, etc. Sorry for the misspelling... Please reconsider...............65 years is amazing, please wish them well and a very Happy Anniversary!! :)

This is something that you would do but its a personal decision made by the OP. No need to play the guilt game.

We turned platinum on the first part of our Europe/ transatlantic cruise on the sunshine. Right about going to your room and leaving items. Loved the laundry too. Knowing that I never have to do another load, and can pack lighter is fantastic. There is no such thing as priority boarding in venice, but I'm sure it works better here in the states.

This is something that you would do but its a personal decision made by the OP. No need to play the guilt game.

We took them for their 50th and again on their 60th. I also paid for them a cruise for Fathers Day, this year, which they took with their favorite niece and nephew in law. They politely declined any festivities this year. They were married on Christmas Eve, and we have always celebrated it. They are both 85 and Dad just retired this year, and Mom still volunteers for Hospice, and has worked with Hospice for over 40 years. We are very proud of our parents, and decide our Christmas's around what they wish to do. Sometimes we go with, sometimes they want to be alone.

They are much loved, and not neglected.. lol No guilt here at all. Oh, the middle sibling will spend Christmas with the folks this year, to many and they work themselves to pieces.

They both also have over 25 cruises behind them, so it's nothing new to them, and is truly more tiring than enjoyable for them.

Edited by dulcimergirl

Congrats on Platinum

but would you have taken 8 CCl cruises in 16months if it wasn't to make Platinum before the end of the year?

Yes, what with my DH's vacations, my BFF and I going, I would have. The only one I had not planned on was Nov 19 with my BFF. Crammed that one in and that makes 10.

We took them for their 50th and again on their 60th. I also paid for them a cruise for Fathers Day, this year, which they took with their favorite niece and nephew in law. They politely declined any festivities this year. They were married on Christmas Eve, and we have always celebrated it. They are both 85 and Dad just retired this year, and Mom still volunteers for Hospice, and has worked with Hospice for over 40 years. We are very proud of our parents, and decide our Christmas's around what they wish to do. Sometimes we go with, sometimes they want to be alone.

They are much loved, and not neglected.. lol No guilt here at all. Oh, the middle sibling will spend Christmas with the folks this year, to many and they work themselves to pieces.

They both also have over 25 cruises behind them, so it's nothing new to them, and is truly more tiring than enjoyable for them.

I believe caribsun was supporting you. Reread.

Yes, what with my DH's vacations, my BFF and I going, I would have. The only one I had not planned on was Nov 19 with my BFF. Crammed that one in and that makes 10.

So you always take a cruise every other month.. WOW must be nice living in Florida and being able to do that

Thank you for your kind words..........many on these boards are quick to twist words around and look for opportunities to do so. I never said or meant any quilt trip........all families are different, and truth be said, MY mother would kill ME!! My father has been deceased since 1974, and my mother will soon to be 91.....a feisty old bird!! We also took her on a cruise many years ago and for her 90th birthday, we had a surprise elegant luncheon at the best hotel in the state. Her grandchildren and great grandchildren flew in.

Congrats on your Platinum status, but beware of the free laundry! They ruined our clothes, had to literally peel socks apart, and new t shirts looked as if they were stone washed down by the river...........faded and so wrinkled you could not iron out the wrinkles. We were reimbursed for some of it.

And again, please extent a very Happy Anniversary to your parents.:) DH and I are working on 45 and very proud of that.

Enjoy your cruise,

So you always take a cruise every other month.. WOW must be nice living in Florida and being able to do that

Nope, I live in the Tennessee Mountains near Knoxville. Most of my Carnival cruises were on the Fantasy. A B2B last dec, and another B2B in Sept. Pretty much the only vaca my DH gets. The others were 2 Fantasy with BBF, and Legend, Paradise almost B2B last January.

I'm sure this next B2B on Legend will be my last for awhile, I need to catch up on stuff at home, and let my CC's cool off some. lol

I wish I did live in Florida, then again, maybe I shouldn't. I'd probably put my stuff in a storage locker and stay on a ship somewhere, as much as I love cruising.

I think my DH works to support our cruising habit.

I just turned platinum. The laundry is a great perk. The lounge boarding was very full and not very enjoyable and disembarking the ship the restaurant was full of platinum and above cruisers so we didn't enjoy that as much as bringing home clean clothes. Say moo moo when leaving the ship.

• 1 month later...